500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Only $16,000. Get your sawzall blades out and hack up a pioneer 500 and weld it to another one. Link the throttles and paddles together and you have a 50 inch wide Pioneer 1000 today!

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
The funny thing is I think this is actually possible, OK well not the two engines but a 6x6 P500 for sure.

Using a P500 front diff with a locker installed and making a close copy of the rear of the P5 and adding a chain driven driveshaft off the main P5 the whole thing could be made to attach and detach in minutes.

It would be an awesome, nearly unstoppable machine with a front locker and rear locker and middle live axle with options like middle two wheel drive, rear four wheel drive/front four wheel drive or full 6 wheel drive plus the added cargo space 4' x 6'.

I'm going to start working on it this asap after I take my P5 downstate for the winter starting with getting a PTO out to the back of my P5 after that I'll just have to spend a wade of cash to get the rest of it built (est. $1500). It all really hinges on getting a PTO shaft out the back.

Yes I know I could have just bought a polaris 6X6 but thats not a Honda Sooooooo.:)

NOTE: all comments in above post were made in the wee hours of the night;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Reactions: Eltobgi
TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
So, this is or isn’t going to materialize???
Actually I will start working on it in earnest this winter starting with making the add-on brackets to the engine frame and getting the chain and additional support bearing set for the PTO working off of the front propeller shaft (JOINT, FR. PROPELLER SHAFT 40402-HL5-A00) but it will need a bearing to support the torque applied when driving the shaft to the rear.

Well that's the plan but I'm still looking at any other possible spot to attach a small sprocket but the engine is mounted in a rubber engine mounted frame (RUBBER, ENGINE MOUNTING 50301-HL5-A01) so yeah the chain, sprockets and front power output shaft will have to be mounted on the engine frame ([URL='https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/detail/honda/50500-hl5-a00/b3275862?m=162700&sch=1077672']FRAME, ENGINE 50500-HL5-A00) [/URL] otherwise the chain would just torque out the rubber mounts and it would fail.

I have given this some thought but until I really get in there and get a power take off point it's...….:
1. have to modify a propeller shaft to mount a sprocket to and support with bearing
2.make support brackets to hold the front add-on PTO shaft to the engine frame that can be adjusted for chain tension
3.using 1 u-joint route the extended PTO shaft to the rear of my P5 and make a mount with bearing to support it
4.duplicate the rear end of a P5 but use a front diff with locker to allow engagement of rear diff

possible benefits might be:
1.better ride with the longer wheel base
2.larger cargo area, I'm thinking 4x6
3.2 wheel drive, 4 wheel drive or 6 wheel drive and that means all 6!
4.just the wow factor lol
5.possibly a babe magnet unknown but worth a shot LOL

the bad side might be:
1.added stress to engine/driveline
2.added weight
3 turning....oh I didn't forget about the turning but I think that can be offset by suspension settings a little
4.need a longer trailer to haul it but it will still fit on my 16 foot trailer
5.possibly a babe magnet which will cause problems with the wife LOL

A rear pass thru diff would make this so easy.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Actually I will start working on it in earnest this winter starting with making the add-on brackets to the engine frame and getting the chain and additional support bearing set for the PTO working off of the front propeller shaft (JOINT, FR. PROPELLER SHAFT 40402-HL5-A00) but it will need a bearing to support the torque applied when driving the shaft to the rear.

Well that's the plan but I'm still looking at any other possible spot to attach a small sprocket but the engine is mounted in a rubber engine mounted frame (RUBBER, ENGINE MOUNTING 50301-HL5-A01) so yeah the chain, sprockets and front power output shaft will have to be mounted on the engine frame (FRAME, ENGINE 50500-HL5-A00) otherwise the chain would just torque out the rubber mounts and it would fail.

I have given this some thought but until I really get in there and get a power take off point it's...….:
1. have to modify a propeller shaft to mount a sprocket to and support with bearing
2.make support brackets to hold the front add-on PTO shaft to the engine frame that can be adjusted for chain tension
3.using 1 u-joint route the extended PTO shaft to the rear of my P5 and make a mount with bearing to support it
4.duplicate the rear end of a P5 but use a front diff with locker to allow engagement of rear diff

possible benefits might be:
1.better ride with the longer wheel base
2.larger cargo area, I'm thinking 4x6
3.2 wheel drive, 4 wheel drive or 6 wheel drive and that means all 6!
4.just the wow factor lol
5.possibly a babe magnet unknown but worth a shot LOL

the bad side might be:
1.added stress to engine/driveline
2.added weight
3 turning....oh I didn't forget about the turning but I think that can be offset by suspension settings a little
4.need a longer trailer to haul it but it will still fit on my 16 foot trailer
5.possibly a babe magnet which will cause problems with the wife LOL

A rear pass thru diff would make this so easy.
Lmao, yeah I wouldn’t count on number five, and you’ll almost certainly have difficulties with mama on that one. Anyway, sounds cool, hope it comes to pass. Good luck.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!