P1000 SSV Works or Swamp Donkey? Are they compatible with my accessories?

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I'm looking for some tunes. I am looking for something that will be compatible with my roof, windshield, back panel, and doors. Easiest solution would be a soundbar to mount on the roll bar behind our heads. I'm looking for something with the 6.5 inch speakers rather than the small three or four inch offered in a PowerBass or Wetsounds for a little deeper sound.

I like the design/idea of the two above (Swamp Donkey or SSV Works). Also like the FM option as I don't have LTE everywhere I ride.

I currently have the Honda hard roof, SuperATV flip out windshield, Honda soft rear panel, and Honda 2nd gen soft upper doors.

It looks like to me that the Swamp Donkey mounting will interfere with the weatherstripping around the cage on the soft doors. The SSV works will not, but looks like they will interfere with the mounting location of the windshield.

I guess I could mount the frond of the Swamp Donkey as the instructions indicate and maybe secure the back of the bar to the roof, but I'd rather have it secured to the ROPS.

Anyone have any experience with either of these? Especially how they work with said accessories? Mine is an LE 1000-3.

I appreciate any input whatsoever or suggestions of alternative sound options.

I had the Bazooka Party Bar (24inch) on my 700. It was OK, but had room for improvement.

Thanks for any insight and experience.

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I'm pretty sure I've decided to order the SSV Works set up. I'm 99% sure that it isn't compatible with my SATV windshield, but I have an idea of a way around that with some brackets. Think I'll order tomorrow.

I'd still love to hear some reviews on either of these products from anyone who has them or has previous experience with them.

Feller I hunt with has had the SSV in his Ranger(s) for 6 years and it is still going strong.

Reactions: russknight
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Here's an alternative in my Kawasaki Mule. I affectionately refer to it as "Thumper." Four 15" Kicker L7's driven by an Orion 6000 watt monoblock amp, four 8" tower speakers in the rear and two 6 3/4 inch Kicker coaxials up front for mids and highs driven by a 1000 watt Orion. I also installed two Optima batteries. I'm going to have to order an alternator kit to keep up with the amps though. It maintains voltage at lower volume levels but when you crank it the stator can't keep up. Yeah, I know 🤣

Rockin and Rolling

H

hibbert

Nov 9, 2020
CR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm pretty sure I've decided to order the SSV Works set up. I'm 99% sure that it isn't compatible with my SATV windshield, but I have an idea of a way around that with some brackets. Think I'll order tomorrow.

I'd still love to hear some reviews on either of these products from anyone who has them or has previous experience with them.

Feller I hunt with has had the SSV in his Ranger(s) for 6 years and it is still going strong.

How did you mount it in the end?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!