sticks in gear

M

Martoe

Jun 18, 2021
Alberta,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Hello out there gals and guys
I just purchased a new 520 and am noticing it seems to stick in gear when hot from stop. Is this a Honda thing?
Also I use it for work and do a fair amount of bush crashing. I need a good bush guard, any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Reactions: TxDoc
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Not sure whats causing it to stick in gear, but there is a little wrench under your seat that is meant to be put on a shift shaft on the front side of the motor to get you in/out of gear in an emergency. Not sure if you were aware of that or not. Like if it gets stuck in reverse, you dont have to drive it home in reverse lol. Get the wrench out from under the seat, get to the engine from the drivers side and there will be what looks like an 8mm bolt head shaft sticking out the front of the engine. Put the wrench on it and push it one way or the other. You may have to rock the P520 forward or backwards maybe, until you hear it click into neutral, or whatever gear you're wanting. From what Ive heard once you manually click it into whatever gear you're looking for and go to driving it again it will start acting right. I had a P5 for a couple years and never had to use my wrench, but some people do now and then. The P5 is pretty bulletproof. Dont be put off be this. Its just a hiccup. Good luck!

M

Martoe

Jun 18, 2021
Alberta,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Thank you for that. I have not had the seat out to see if that wrench thing is there.
While I got you here, do these machines come with or should they come with dust caps on hubs. Mine were missing when I picked it up from dealership.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
They don't come with them but you can get them from the forum store, frame plugs too. You may just need a clutch adjustment, super easy to do and there's threads and videos on how to do it. They're normally fussy when cold until they warm up a little.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!