Storing for the Winter

H

hondarocks66

Jun 19, 2014
Hi all. Sad time of year, have to put it away for the winter here in Canada. I don't ice fish so no need for the Pioneer. Question? I'm prepping for winter storage, manual says to remove plug and put a small amount of engine oil in the cylinder and turn over a few times. Was thinking of just removing the air filter and fogging it with a quality fogging spray. Thoughts on what is better?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hello hondarocks,
No need for winter prep here. So don't take my say to heart too much...
But.
I would stick to recommendations. I would also put stabilizer in the fuel for the last trip. U need to get it into the fuel pump and lines and through to the injection. Not so sure I would run it dry like I would a carb.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!