SuperATV Windshield help

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had a couple of the Allen head bolts on my bar clamps rattle loose. Does anyone know the size and thread of these for replacement? My machine is sitting 150 miles away for me, so I am unable to remove one to take to a shop to compare. I need at least two replacements, and plan to reinstall all of them with Loctite.

Reactions: clifforeilly
FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
So far, super ATV has not been able to help me either. I am waiting to hear back on an answer from them, but have nothing so far. and they do not sell just those bolts by themselves from what I am told.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm about to leave for the day, maybe @Lil_Steve will be able to help. If not I'll pull one when I get home.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I had a couple of the Allen head bolts on my bar clamps rattle loose. Does anyone know the size and thread of these for replacement? My machine is sitting 150 miles away for me, so I am unable to remove one to take to a shop to compare. I need at least two replacements, and plan to reinstall all of them with Loctite.
Same thing happened to me, I need to replace two. Wondering if thread lock is appropriate....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So far, super ATV has not been able to help me either. I am waiting to hear back on an answer from them, but have nothing so far. and they do not sell just those bolts by themselves from what I am told.
Surely they can tell you the size...🤷‍♂️ The two I lost look about like 1/4x20????

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
The guy on the phone was no help, the girl on their chat said she would get back to me. Still waiting.

Reactions: Montecresto
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can check tonight and get back to you. I'm almost certain they are metric . M6x1.00 pitch.

Reactions: FeelinRecless
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The guy on the phone was no help, the girl on their chat said she would get back to me. Still waiting.
When I get back to my Talon I’ll pull a screw from the opposite side of the windshield and carry it with me to the hardware store for a match....

Reactions: FeelinRecless
FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks everyone, I got a few of the recommended size bolts picked up. Won't be able to test them until Friday though. @SuperATV , can you answer if there is any reason we should NOT use LocTite on these?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks everyone, I got a few of the recommended size bolts picked up. Won't be able to test them until Friday though. @SuperATV , can you answer if there is any reason we should NOT use LocTite on these?
Two points about Loctite -
1. It kills some plastics, to the point of chemical unbonding. :oops: Since there are many plastic formulations, be very careful with it around any plastics.
2. Through some mystery unknown to me, 242 Loctite depends on ferrous metals, it might not cure if at least one set of threads isn't steel. I don't know if both male and female threads have to be ferrous or not. It seems I remember that Loctite 243 doesn't have this limitation.

Sorry I can't be more specific but it's information I learned long ago and it was a mystery back then so it hasn't gotten any clearer in my mind.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Two points about Loctite -
1. It kills some plastics, to the point of chemical unbonding. :oops: Since there are many plastic formulations, be very careful with it around any plastics.
2. Through some mystery unknown to me, 242 Loctite depends on ferrous metals, it might not cure if at least one set of threads isn't steel. I don't know if both male and female threads have to be ferrous or not. It seems I remember that Loctite 243 doesn't have this limitation.

Sorry I can't be more specific but it's information I learned long ago and it was a mystery back then so it hasn't gotten any clearer in my mind.
Thanks for that. It’s enough for me to shy from it. I threw an Allen wrench set in my kit, I’ll keep a better eye on them now....

Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!