P1000 Sweet!

N

Nightcrawler

Apr 23, 2016
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First time in a SXS this weekend. The P1000-5 was bad a**! I purchased the machine for hunting, and taking the kids out on the trail, so I really didn't care about how fast the machine would be. It really surprised me though, as it get's through the gears pretty dam quick! We hit a variety of fast flowing trails, to rock gardens, to Oh my god! The suspension seemed to be able to handle pretty good bumps at speed and we didn't get beat to death in the low speed rock garden. What really impressed me is what obstacles this thing will climb with the front locker engaged. Several times I looked ahead and thought uh oh, but this Pioneer is a friggin billy goat when it's locked up! I don't have a skid plate yet but I never rubbed the belly in any of the spots where I could see that others had previously. It is on the wish list though. I will be honest, all of the burnt clutch, and jumpy shifting talk had me a little worried, but after this first ride I am going to forget about it and give her hell. Really there is nothing I can complain about so far - Well done Honda.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's great! I love to hear the surprised impressions of the vehicles capability. Sounds like the P1000 will fit your needs well as it can be a great hunting rig with bed storage and towing capability. Also, the deployable rear seating for family outings is great.

Congrats and welcome to the club.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
People are having problems with some of these and it can be a little concerning however Honda is taking care of it and it seems all the problems are in the beginning few miles. I'm glad you are enjoying the 1000 it is quite the machine and very versatile we've pulled very heavy loads no problems so as you put give it hell and enjoy that beast!!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Nightcrawler welcome to the club, congratulations on the new P1K5D. Glad to hear you positive experience. The machine will serve you well. Don't worry about the small percentage having issues it doesn't appear to be a problem with the vast majority of the machines.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's great! I love to hear the surprised impressions of the vehicles capability. Sounds like the P1000 will fit your needs well as it can be a great hunting rig with bed storage and towing capability. Also, the deployable rear seating for family outings is great.

Congrats and welcome to the club.

Sent from my iPhone 10s
Joey I like your term deployable seating, Siri hates it but I'll be sure to use it! It actually makes it sound more bad asser:)

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Joey I like your term deployable seating, Siri hates it but I'll be sure to use it! It actually makes it sound more bad asser:)

Auto correct didn't like it either. I just thought it was another redneck work like "initiate".

I took my wife to McDonalds and she ate two double cheese burgers with fries! Initiate a Big Mac with extra cheese, initiate two milk shakes.....

For those that know me and Lindsay, I'll kill you if you say a word. :)

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!