P1000 Switch from Full hard door to 1/2 door ?

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I looked at the instructions for the full Hard Doors and looks like it might be a problem to switch back and forth to the stock 1/2 door. I was thinking about the hard doors but if you can't switch back and forth by just poping the pins I will not buy them. The full Doors open from the front and the 1/2 doors from the rear.

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
Are there any aftermarket hard doors available yet? I would like to switch them back and forth also.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not that I am aware of Kingmudd, I was refering to the OEM Honda full doors and 1/2 doors that I would like to change back and forth if not a major job.

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
I would like to use the Honda 1/2 doors for the summer but have full doors for the winter as I do not want a major hassle in changing them out either.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I looked at the instructions for the full Hard Doors and looks like it might be a problem to switch back and forth to the stock 1/2 door. I was thinking about the hard doors but if you can't switch back and forth by just poping the pins I will not buy them. The full Doors open from the front and the 1/2 doors from the rear.

I thought about this and being in the South it can be 73 and sunny Tuesday and 35 and raining Thursday (actual forecast) so it's nice to be able to quick change the doors.

I was going with the hard doors for my 1000 but I had the soft ones on my 700 and they worked well after doing more digging the soft doors are way cheaper and far more convenient for me.

Reactions: chadbo and JACKAL
MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
I thought about this and being in the South it can be 73 and sunny Tuesday and 35 and raining Thursday (actual forecast) so it's nice to be able to quick change the doors.

I was going with the hard doors for my 1000 but I had the soft ones on my 700 and they worked well after doing more digging the soft doors are way cheaper and far more convenient for me.
Isn't it like $2500 for the hard doors vs $599 for the soft doors? I think I have read the accessory catalog like 1000X

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
Isn't it like $2500 for the hard doors vs $599 for the soft doors? I think I have read the accessory catalog like 1000X
I've gone through it that many times also but I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on hard doors but I might have to if there is nothing else available.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
I've gone through it that many times also but I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on hard doors but I might have to if there is nothing else available.
To be honest, that is exactly my thought. The pricing structure of accessories is ridiculous! Honda is doing itself a disservice.

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I am getting the soft doors/windows & back added to my 1000-3 with
the intention of being able to remove them, or zip them down as
needed.

I hope to pick it today, so I will be able to address some of
my/our questions soon.

John

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
If I have to pay $2500 for the hard doors they should come with power windows, locks and a key fob plus seal out all the elements like a car door would.

Reactions: PineTree
advertisement
MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
If I have to pay $2500 for the hard doors they should come with power windows, locks and a key fob plus seal out all the elements like a car door would.
I agree totally. I love the Pioneers but the extras pricing is scaring me off. Please take note Honda.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I do agree that the accessories on all utv's is crazy high.....but I would not just say Honda. I just looked at the Polaris web site and hard doors there were $2399 and didn't roll down.....so yeah outta whack but that's across the board.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My question revised. If you install the hard doors can you remove hinge pins and re-install the 1/2 door by just droping in 2 pins?

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just re-read the mounting instructions. You must remove 1/2 door hinges and latch before installing full hard door. Therefore being able to remove hinge pins and re-install 1/2 doors will not take minutes but hours. I guess the good side is now I won't spend the 2500 for hard doors as it will be a pain in my rear side to change back and forth.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
I just re-read the mounting instructions. You must remove 1/2 door hinges and latch before installing full hard door. Therefore being able to remove hinge pins and re-install 1/2 doors will not take minutes but hours. I guess the good side is now I won't spend the 2500 for hard doors as it will be a pain in my rear side to change back and forth.
I would think there would be a simple solution seeing how talented some are at fabricating. I just think for $2500 for a set of doors that wiping my butt for me when i go to the bathroom should be included in the price. I would not hesitate if they were twice the price of the fabric ones but at 5x the price...they better be easier to change than a set of velcro lace shoes.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!