Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey all, just throwing this idea out here. If you were to buy a Talon, would you be interested in protecting the cargo area with a soft cover / rear window, from elements, mud, etc. I came up with this after seeing Jeeps with this item and trying to figure out how to cut rear turbulence while allowing access to the cargo area. Specifically wanted to have something like this so the pooch can ride along like she does in the Pioneer. I would just line the cargo area with a bottom padded thermal barrier that went up the side and front over the air cover. Item would cover outlined in yellow, Jeep example thrown in for reference.

Rear Cover Top

Talon Rear Cover

Talon Rear Cover2

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all, just throwing this idea out here. If you were to buy a Talon, would you be interested in protecting the cargo area with a soft cover / rear window, from elements, mud, etc. I came up with this after seeing Jeeps with this item and trying to figure out how to cut rear turbulence while allowing access to the cargo area. Specifically wanted to have something like this so the pooch can ride along like she does in the Pioneer. I would just line the cargo area with a bottom padded thermal barrier that went up the side and front over the air cover. Item would cover outlined in yellow, Jeep example thrown in for reference.

View attachment 97078
View attachment 97079
View attachment 97080
Mahindra roxor has that same set up looks nice

Reactions: BWAF and JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I could see this being a decent buy. Soft version would be easy to fab, but I'd bet a hard cover would go over pretty good as well.

That's what I was thinking, such a product would sell good, soft version while being easy to put on, take off, and store. Could even use heavy zippers along C pillars allowing center section to be rolled up for access and ventilation, or put down to keep area covered and stop airflow.

L

Lovetorque

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia falls mt
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That's what I was thinking, such a product would sell good, soft version while being easy to put on, take off, and store. Could even use heavy zippers along C pillars allowing center section to be rolled up for access and ventilation, or put down to keep area covered and stop airflow.
When will it be ready
Nice when will you have the prototype finish

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
When will it be ready

Nice when will you have the prototype finish
I probably won't own a Talon for at least 18 months. I just thought it was a good accessory idea.

Reactions: Tramguage1
J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I agree, it seems like a great idea. I like the looks. I wonder, would it reduce , or increase the dust which is drawn into the cab? Not sure. I guess a blue tarp prototype test is in order. Break out the ductape.

Reactions: stellarpod
J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hey that jeep thing is cool! I don't suppose it would fit our talon.

J

jstorm

Oct 19, 2021
Knoxville TN
Ownership

1. Talon X
I know this is an old post, but I came across this while trying to find something (anything, really) to put on the back of our Talon to bring our dog with us on the trails. So far the best idea has been a kennel, but we're trying to find something better than that especially with the insane lead times on durable kennels right now (like 16+ weeks out!). This would be perfect, is there anywhere to purchase something like this? TIA!

Reactions: sspeederr
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!