(Talon) Compatibility: SuperATV full glass windshield + Rough Country LED Cube Lights (ROPS mount brackets)

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
SEARCH didn't seem to find what I was looking for, so here we are.

I have the SuperATV full glass windshield for the new 2023 Talon R (not yet installed).

I'm not a big fan of mounting a light bar to the roof, so I am leaning towards some Rough Country 3" Osram Wide Angle cube lights mounted to the ROPS (this kit comes with RC brackets for the ROPS bolts) plus a smaller LED light up front (will decide on which one AFTER I replace my OME front bumper).

Question: Does anyone happen to run this windshield with the RC pod lights (any style that use this specific bracket) on their Talon?

I'm trying to find out if the RC ROPS mounts that come with the cube lights will install without any interference from the SATV windshield. It looks like they would, but you never know.

Would prefer to confirm fitment BEFORE I buy them ... ;)

TIA.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SEARCH didn't seem to find what I was looking for, so here we are.

I have the SuperATV full glass windshield for the new 2023 Talon R (not yet installed).

I'm not a big fan of mounting a light bar to the roof, so I am leaning towards some Rough Country 3" Osram Wide Angle cube lights mounted to the ROPS (this kit comes with RC brackets for the ROPS bolts) plus a smaller LED light up front (will decide on which one AFTER I replace my OME front bumper).

Question: Does anyone happen to run this windshield with the RC pod lights (any style that use this specific bracket) on their Talon?

I'm trying to find out if the RC ROPS mounts that come with the cube lights will install without any interference from the SATV windshield. It looks like they would, but you never know.

Would prefer to confirm fitment BEFORE I buy them ... ;)

TIA.

View attachment 397981
View attachment 397982
I sure do. Works great. You can also use the lower screw there on the windshield. Holds a pod just fine.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
@Remington, your brackets look different than the ones in the picture from the RC web site that I have in my first post.

Unless you didn't use the larger pieces (with the RC logo) that use the large ROPS bolts.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Remington, your brackets look different than the ones in the picture from the RC web site that I have in my first post.

Unless you didn't use the larger pieces (with the RC logo) that use the large ROPS bolts.
Thats right. They are the U shaped ones in the box with the lights

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Well, if the larger piece of the bracket system doesn't work with the glass windshield installed, then at least I know I can mount them to the windshield bolts like you all did.

Thanks for the 411.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well, if the larger piece of the bracket system doesn't work with the glass windshield installed, then at least I know I can mount them to the windshield bolts like you all did.

Thanks for the 411.
I'm pretty sure plumber uses the big brackets. That's what I remember when we swapped his glass for a half windshield last summer. I could be wrong but, ask my wife.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm pretty sure plumber uses the big brackets. That's what I remember when we swapped his glass for a half windshield last summer. I could be wrong but, ask my wife.
Nope she right. I use that way for my half windshield for the summer months.

J

Joe_none

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
NC
I think HondaSXS has those on his talon. I asked about them as I was looking for some good brackets. If I recall he said he had to bend them slightly to clear his windshield.

Reactions: Smitty335 and Scoop

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!