Talon Heavy Duty Power Steering Wiring by Paulf

Cobweb

Cobweb

Mar 2, 2019
Hexi Hollow
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have a very little used heavy duty power steering wiring harness (plug & play) designed and sold by Paulf here on this site. This 8 ga wire replaces the cheap 12 ga wire in stock Talons. This helps with power steering stiffness that many of us experience. Here is Paulf's description:

• I was able to source proper OEM plugs (not CRAP Chinese knockoffs) and wires to replace the inadequate 12 gauge wire with mostly 8 gauge and a few inches of 10 gauge at the motor end. This drops the voltage loss from an atrocious 12% to a more manageable 4%.
  • This mod fixes the momentary loss of assist some experience while trying to turn quickly at speed in the dirt. Some (including @TerryH and I) almost wrecked their machines. If you experience this problem, you will know exactly what I am talking about.
  • This mod does NOT fix any of the other assist "weaknesses" but it does improve them all. The stock 180/210 Watt Talon system is not strong enough for the size of the car.
  • If you run an i4WD bypass, you are never utilizing "Full Power" mode when in bypassed (3WD) mode.
  • You can "jump" the ECU to continuous full power (210 Watt) mode.
  • IMPORTANT NOTE: More angled than stock front geometry can drastically reduce steering assist. If your front geometry is not stock, you should return it to stock and try again. If you are not on stock tires then for every "actual" inch in larger tire, you should sit 1/2" higher than stock. To determine your actual tire size, use a soft tape and measure the circumference of the tire while off the ground and divide by 3.14.
Fits 2 door Talons only.

$50 including shipping in lower 48

IMG 4694
IMG 4695
IMG 4696

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!