highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Recently someone asked if I sold a Desertcraft air filter replacement for the Jackson turbo kit. Desertcraft does not make a filter to fit this application.

When I asked my racing friends down here at PPEI how they like the Jackson filters they said everyone hates them. That got me thinking...

So I contacted my old acquaintance at R2C with measurements for this filter and they found a filter in their catalog that matches the Jackson filter measurements. Last year I stopped selling R2C filters because of the fiasco with their Talon filter and they'd become very unreliable to deliver orders. However, if people are interested and it helps someone out, I'll work with R2C on making these Jackson filters available because it looks like no one else makes a simple bolt-on replacement filter for this application.

I'm open to feedback before I make any order with R2C. Their dry filter media is good. I've run them for years in my Polaris machines. The only reported problems I know of are the early versions of the Talon air filter.

R2C retail is $70 for the filter. It uses dry media so no oiling is required and it cleanable and reusable.

Reactions: Tramguage1
H

HondaTech

A replacement filter from Jackson (just a branded K&N) is $60.

R2C has soured their reputation with the Talon community. I doubt anyone will pay $10 for a filter from them. The JR filter is in a bad location and sucks to maintain but does its job.

The only way the turbo guys will buy anything to replace it is going to involve redesigning and relocating the entire airbox. DR. Powersports uses a Donaldson airbox to better locate the air intake. But their whole turbo setup is one off as well.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I realize R2C pooped on their market. That was 50% of the reason I quit selling them. And the Talon filter was BY FAR the best selling filter.

Deserctcraft is a small company and knowing them well, I'm pretty certain they would not be interested in investing in such a small market product. I've had to press them into air filters for other models that should be coming out soon. They weren't very interested in those markets either until I told them I'd do it myself if they weren't interested and that changed their mind. Great people and business but they are still very small.

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Not a good sign when R2C takes down their own website. This smells bad already!

In the mean time, Desertcraft has been working with individuals for solutions using their XPT 1000 filters. Talking with them today they do seem interested in developing a relocated housing that will use filters they already have. This may be promising.

Reactions: Smitty335
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Yeah, R2C is out! Colin hasn't replied since I asked why the website was down and if they were up for sale. If I were rich, I'd buy their operation, fire the whole crew, move it down to Louisiana and make a GOOD business out of it!! Stupid on their part to have good filter media but run the business like they do.

I have great relations with Desertcraft so I'm pushing them to make a move to take over the R2C ATV/UTV market by expanding their filter fitments. This is almost like a blessing dropped in their lap! People pay for good filters but they really want a good company behind those filters. Desertcraft fits that bill to the T. Great people that stand behind their brand and products.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!