highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Today I ordered a couple sets of HF114 and HF117 Hi-Flo oil filters for Talon and P1000 to keep in stock. If anyone is interested click the link below to my eCommerce store page. Trying to make life easier for you DIY maintenance guys out there. They should be available by the end of this week (June 14).

HF114 + HF117 oil filter set link

HF117 Oil Filter 2016 09 23 scr

HF114 Oil Filter 2015 02 26 scr

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have 2 sets available in stock and ready to ship. Pre-sold most before I even received my stocking order! Will be ordering more soon.
Hey, why don’t you manufacture something to give us all spin on external oil filters like the rest of modern society….🤔

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I don't want to get into that. Besides, in the off road environment I do actually prefer the cartridge filters because they can't get damaged. This system has worked for decades for Honda and I doubt they will ever deviate from it.

I'd rather spend my efforts on the crappy Talon intake system that DOESN'T work well.

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
I don't want to get into that. Besides, in the off road environment I do actually prefer the cartridge filters because they can't get damaged. This system has worked for decades for Honda and I doubt they will ever deviate from it.

I'd rather spend my efforts on the crappy Talon intake system that DOESN'T work well.
Is this a teaser that you are working on a new intake?

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Maybe in the future I'll look into a new intake system replacement. I'm a small fish right now with no budget for that kind of development! Honda will probably never change their design, as history proves, but as these Talons sell someone will come up with a solution. I've heard from one on my vendors that they never expected the Talon to sell as well as it has and therefore delayed designing any accessories for it.

RZR uses an air filter box then a plenum before throttle bodies. Honda condensed this into a single air box / plenum design more like you would see on a motorcycle. Big difference. That's why on Talon you see the throttle tubes exposed,but not on RZR. Multi cylinder engines require this plenum space to load with volumes of air into each cylinder.

I have been recruited by a certain US company to provide feedback on a new pre-filter design for the Talon. That's all I can say about that. Be on the lookout in the coming months. I'll have it in my store when it's ready to go.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

PITA……..
And that biscuit sized filter to filter out 4 quarts of oil is a joke. I just change the oil often and repurpose the used.

Reactions: Smitty335
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
A spin on oil filter would be stupid simple to add to a Talon if your willing to go with an aftermarket oil cooler. I run an FTZ Performance oil cooler adapter and one of their liquid to liquid oil coolers on my race car. Adding an oil filter adapter to one side of the AN -8 hoses running to and from the oil cooler would be fairly simple.

20210122 171523

20210131 190920

20210130 224831

Reactions: Smitty335
F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'd be concerned with a branch grabbing an exposed hose and ripping one off with that setup, things can get kinda tight in the pinion/juniper forests here.

advertisement
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'd be concerned with a branch grabbing an exposed hose and ripping one off with that setup, things can get kinda tight in the pinion/juniper forests here.
So those stainless braided lines and AN fittings on my setup will get ripped off but your rubber radiator and coolant hoses will not?

• Haha
Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4

😂😂😂

Note his 2nd picture is finished and lines tucked away.

3rd picture is the hose hanging past the skid plate.

Reactions: SLOWPOKE693

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!