Test Driving a Pioneer 6 Seat in Montana next week!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Honda has invited me to Montana for a Pioneer 1000-6 test drive next week, and I'm taking @Tramguage1 with me!

So...
What questions do you have in regards to the 1000-6?
Post some and I'll see what I can find out.
Lots of pictures of the machine and the ride.

We will try out best to give it a thoro run down and will report back.

Thanks.

View attachment 353515

Serious question for them. Will the Honda OEM hard door for front also fit second row as well? I can't see someone spending $5600 on 4 doors but maybe they could offer a 4 door kit with a discount say $3999 for a set of 4 on this machine.

Also try to verify turning radius, if Montana isn't wide enough use Wyoming too. Seriously, I'm pretty certain this will turn 2-3 ft sharper than the Can-Am Commander 4 seaters I've driven.

Curious on thought of handling with longer wheelbase - better ride at modest speeds? (Thinking Suburban)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Serious question for them. Will the Honda OEM hard door for front also fit second row as well? I can't see someone spending $5600 on 4 doors but maybe they could offer a 4 door kit with a discount say $3999 for a set of 4 on this machine.

Also try to verify turning radius, if Montana isn't wide enough use Wyoming too. Seriously, I'm pretty certain this will turn 2-3 ft sharper than the Can-Am Commander 4 seaters I've driven.

Curious on thought of handling with longer wheelbase - better ride at odest speeds? (Thinking Suburban)
I really thought the announcement of the 6 seat P1 was a joke then found out, it's real. Work crews will utilize this platform and larger families will also that want to ride tame trails together, It will have it's niche. I doubt Honda will let @Hondasxs take it to the Sand Cave

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@Hondasxs you went on a secret overlanding ride last week (secret = I wasn't invited).
Your going to Montana next week to go riding.
And your going to go overlanding for MoM.

So are you like a full time SxS play/work/live/breathe rock star like @SuperATV ?

Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@Hondasxs you went on a secret overlanding ride last week (secret = I wasn't invited).
Your going to Montana next week to go riding.
And your going to go overlanding for Mom.

So are you like a full time SxS play/work/live/breathe rock star like @SuperATV ?
He doesn't want any slow ass pioneers riding with him. He's a talon Boi now.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!