Time to decide

C

cburton

Feb 19, 2014
I have been monitoring this and other forums for months now, and it is time to make a decision. I will be using the machine for:

1. To move in and out of bottoms that a D6 dozer opened up for me. The trail is 400-500 yards long in a switchback pattern with on 70 yard section being extremely(40 degrees or so) steep. It needs to climb this with 2 or 3 hunters and deer etc.
2. Maintain the trails haul gear (stands, feed and feeders) up and down.
3.Pull a 600-700 lb UTV disc in very small food plots.

I have narrowed my search down (I think) to three machines listed in the order (again I think) I want:
Pioneer 4
Gator 825i
Ranger 900 XP

If the Pioneer will do the three above I feel it suits me the best. I DO NOT care about speed at all only climbing and hauling SAFELY. Any advice or help and especially correction of my though process would be greatly appreciated. I am in South Eastern Ky so the elevation issue should not be a problem. If you can help a dummy as I have zero experience with any UTV.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I will tell you if you get the P4 you will not have any problems doing what you want. I had 4 people in my P4 at Windrock and it did everything I wanted with no issues.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!