Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Getting some new tires was wondering if anybody used the balancing beads? They seem to work good?
They do. but why do u need them or any wheel weights on a sxs, are u planning on driving the expressway? 😂

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are balancing beads for? I have never heard of them before. I even used the search button. Nothing
Very common in the medium duty to heavy duty world. Class 4/5-8 sized vehicles.
You put them in the tire when mounting. The tire self balances as it rolls down the highway.

They tend to gather in the heavy spot of the tire.
I used them on my step van in the past with success.

G

Gooseit69

May 12, 2022
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They do. but why do u need them or any wheel weights on a sxs, are u planning on driving the expressway? 😂
I wish I could LOL no just better wearing on the tires and we do some paved roads. At 50 60 miles an hour I just thought it would be good. If you read about it they say it's best after 30 35 miles per hour

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I wish I could LOL no just better wearing on the tires and we do some paved roads. At 50 60 miles an hour I just thought it would be good. If you read about it they say it's best after 30 35 miles per hour
Ive not had them on my machine and run LT’s no problem. The machine has its own vibrations lol. When Im at my cabin we have to ride paved rds to get to town so plenty of miles since the LT’s 3yrs ago and no uneven ware. Tires have a red or yellow dot to line up at the valve stem. This is the best balance position without weights. I say dont waist your time balancing your sxs tires.

TOGR

TOGR

Apr 5, 2022
NW Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
If you will be driving a lot of pavement or at high speeds it might be worth while. Curious if are any SXS desert racers that could chime in whether they balance their race tires.

Reactions: Backwoods
G

Gooseit69

May 12, 2022
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had ATVs and side-by-sides since 1998 and never used them but I've also never drivin 60 miles an hour in a side-by-side before either. Thanks for your input keep on riding

Reactions: TOGR
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think it a good question. And been thinking of trying same thing.
Just got all new Terrabite shoes and one rear rides like a Flintstone tire.
I've used beads and Rideon or a Tireject goop in all kinds of heavy equipment tires. Can't say they don't work.
Think I'm going to use Ride on in the rear tires. Dual benefit is they will seal a puncture.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think it a good question. And been thinking of trying same thing.
Just got all new Terrabite shoes and one rear rides like a Flintstone tire.
I've used beads and Rideon or a Tireject goop in all kinds of heavy equipment tires. Can't say they don't work.
Think I'm going to use Ride on in the rear tires. Dual benefit is they will seal a puncture.
FWIW,
I have a friend who manages a local chain store tire shop, who recently balanced my new rims and tires.
Took out 95% of the 17 - 28 + mph rear tire hop.
0 - 60 mph is now pretty smooth.
I don't do much pavement riding but was annoyed with the hop.

He says dont use balance beads with bead locks, makes sense.
Says they re mount and balance " a lot of UTV tires".
Also said a lot of the pre mounted, bead lock tires people buy - bring in are not mounted correctly and have to break them down and remount.
Cost to me was nothing.
YMMV.

Last edited:
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put bead locks and system3 350’s on mine two summers ago. Shook like crazy at 35 mph so I had them balanced. Works well now except when they’re cold. After a few miles the flat spots finally round out.

Reactions: Rayger143
Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I put balance beads in my terrabites. In 100 miles, I took them back out. Seemed like it rode like cold, flat spotted tires all the time.

Reactions: Rayger143

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!