Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks @100Acre
There was a big push back in the spring for this as well.
126afa28 e633 43f6 946e ece8049b30ea

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
OHV Enthusiasts and Turd Baskets at it again for control of our wilderness areas in Utah.
10th Circuit: BLM must revisit OHV routes on 6 million acres in Utah | KSL.com
This is an important issue for you to draw attention to. Pointing out the problem is one thing, pointing out who it is that's threatening our public lands will get you censored. ;)
Takes individual efforts to push back on such things. Some folks just can't deal with the reality. I assume that having brought attention to this that you are passionate about it and have individually fought back against those who threaten our public lands. Thanks 100acre!

Last edited:
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is the reasoning behind their legislation? Is it people abusing the land and littering? Trailblazing? I'll smack a motherf I catch throwing litter in the trail. I usually haul out at least a 12 pack of beer I don't drink Everytime I'm out.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
What is the reasoning behind their legislation? Is it people abusing the land and littering? Trailblazing? I'll smack a motherf I catch throwing litter in the trail. I usually haul out at least a 12 pack of beer I don't drink Everytime I'm out.
I would answer that with the pertinent links, but they've already been censored once. I suggest googling it if you want to know how our public lands are constantly under attack and who's been threatening them, and who it is that defends them!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'll re-allow post #2 quoted above as it might be considered pertinent.... (If anyone wishes to read it)

The others were no different than deciding which toilet paper to wipe with. (yes, that's an issue too)
No matter how you connect them, they are irrelevant to the topic.
Fair enough.

Reactions: Eltobgi
J

JTW

I hate it but most of the west is government ground. (Yes I know that means it's ours.) I see this being a greater and greater struggle regardless of whos in control. When your trillions of dollars in debt.. you sometimes gotta have a yard sale! My big issue is it's not like it's a one time thing... it's the same with every other social issue. You give an inch and then they want another and another until you've given a mile!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Report: Public lands should stay in public hands - National Wildlife Federation
Outdoor recreation economy on public lands generates $646 billion in consumer spending and supports 6.1 million jobs across the country every year.

Last edited:
advertisement
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used to work for the Sierra Club. It's them and big business like REI that are trying to close access to folks like us. From my experience most of those people never even leave their desks in their homes but get caught up in a hole save the environment green movement. Very few actually ever get out and get into the backcountry that so many of us see all too often. I too went out in the back country clean up after every Body else's mess. It's a sad state of affairs when so many people don't give a damn and just throw their trash anywhere out in the wilderness. I'm all about preserving The environment but I'm all also all about accessing areas for us and our hobby. When I referred originally in my post about the bucket of turds, I was referring to all the lobbyists and the people with money who can really push the laws towards their interests. Those interests are not shared by all Americans, only a few.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Thank You Moparornocar, 100Acre and everyone else that picks up other peoples trash!

We too come out with more trash then we started with its all about teaching are children to do the right thing, we stopped at a nice camping spot at Taylor Reservoir with rocks set for a fire ring not far from a rushing stream with a broken up foam cooler next to the fire ring went to clean it up and it was someones TOILET!!!
WHO would crap in a foam cooler and leave it for someone else to clean up. :(
We move to a different camp sight.

Reactions: Eltobgi and JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I used to work for the Sierra Club. It's them and big business like REI that are trying to close access to folks like us. From my experience most of those people never even leave their desks in their homes but get caught up in a hole save the environment green movement. Very few actually ever get out and get into the backcountry that so many of us see all too often. I too went out in the back country clean up after every Body else's mess. It's a sad state of affairs when so many people don't give a damn and just throw their trash anywhere out in the wilderness. I'm all about preserving The environment but I'm all also all about accessing areas for us and our hobby. When I referred originally in my post about the bucket of turds, I was referring to all the lobbyists and the people with money who can really push the laws towards their interests. Those interests are not shared by all Americans, only a few.
Learned that as a Boy Scout. When we were leaving bivouac we had to stretch out in a line arms distance apart and walk across the entire area, instructions were if it didn't grow, pick it up and it didn't matter if it was not our trash. My father whipped us good if we ever threw a piece of trash on the ground. I too (presently) work for the Sierra Club, not as an employee but volunteer. The only access I've seen this group fighting against is commercial exploitation. The Sierra Club encourages individual access, even gives people a John Muir era back pack when you join and maps of trails. The SC would never support GOP efforts to sell off, or open up to commercial exploitation, our public lands.

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Learned that as a Boy Scout. When we were leaving bivouac we had to stretch out in a line arms distance apart and walk across the entire area, instructions were if it didn't grow, pick it up and it didn't matter if it was not our trash. My father whipped us good if we ever threw a piece of trash on the ground. I too (presently) work for the Sierra Club, not as an employee but volunteer. The only access I've seen this group fighting against is commercial exploitation. The Sierra Club encourages individual access, even gives people a John Muir era back pack when you join and maps of trails. The SC would never support GOP efforts to sell off, or open up to commercial exploitation, our public lands.
Never would I even put them in the same grouping with the GOP. When I work for the Sierra Club, their attitude was close off all access to motorized vehicles. But this was in the Southeast so it may be different elsewhere.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Never would I even put them in the same grouping with the GOP. When I work for the Sierra Club, their attitude was close off all access to motorized vehicles. But this was in the Southeast so it may be different elsewhere.
Ah, gotcha. And I can't speak to that at all. My interest has been from the Rockies west. I also think now that you've added more to the conversation that we're speaking of a slightly different thing. If there's a region where SC is fighting vehicle traffic, its most likely erosion concerns that flush more silt down the streams to rivers which shortens the life of 100 year lakes. I had a lake house on one such lake that lost hundreds of its shallow end acres to silt prematurely. No more water front for my little cabana, lol. And I'm thinking more of one parties interest in resource exploitation which does magnitudes more damage to the environment and public rights to access. But still, thanks for bringing it up as the subject (the safety of public lands access) deserves attention and debate regularly.

Last edited:
perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Look into the FIRM (foundation for integrated resource management) was just in marysvale utah for the Jamboree and found out about this and they have a lot of good thing going on and some times the people that b**** a lot and get a few people to right a letter or sign a petition they get the road closed to us. and it does not take a lot. We can stop this we all need to do is wright letters or sign petition for them to stop the sell or close the road to us. all of us need to help or we will not have the able to ride on the the Land We All Own.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Look into the FIRM (foundation for integrated resource management) was just in marysvale utah for the Jamboree and found out about this and they have a lot of good thing going on and some times the people that b**** a lot and get a few people to right a letter or sign a petition they get the road closed to us. and it does not take a lot. We can stop this we all need to do is wright letters or sign petition for them to stop the sell or close the road to us. all of us need to help or we will not have the able to ride on the the Land We All Own.
Yep, letters and phone calls, the signing of petitions and the way we vote!