P500 Used 2015 P500 (lots of miles) what would you pay?

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
Found this P500 on Craigslist. 2015 Honda pioneer 500 side x side

Man it has a lot of miles, but doesn't look it from the pics. I called them and inquired about it. They took the machine in on trade for a tractor. They are about 7.5 hours from me but could deliver it at no charge to another dealership about 30 min from me. They run trucks down here every Thursday. I wonder how much free delivery offsets price negotiation.

The mileage worries me. I'm trying to spend no more than $6500 idealy. Anything less helps out for sure. More money to isntantly accessorize. I'll be lucky if I put on 200 miles in a year.

I've had another thread where a P700-4 would probably fit me best. I'd prefer to spend less right now and see how I use this one, before I step up to a bigger machine. I'm also concerned with width on our narrow trails around here. Caribou has a lot of flat open snowmobile trails. Easy to pack on miles.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Wats the miles...
wats the hours....
divide miles & hours
...that will give you a
mph.....driven..
wats tires look like?
seen in pic...no extras

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
If they can prove that all maintenance was done, and done properly, then the miles shouldn't be an issue. The price is way too high for that machine. I would probably pay $5000. I'd be willing to bet they don't have any more than $4000 in it... I'd be looking it over really close - check oil, air filter, etc.

If it seems fishy, keep looking. I have seen at least a few machines for sale in that price range with way less miles.

Like I said, I wouldn't worry much about the miles if it's been maintained, and the price is right. Good luck!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
For example: 720 miles and $6,600. This one has been online for a while, so he would probably deal.

honda pioneer

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Looks like an alright deal to me especially if you are going to put only 200 miles a year on it. 10,000 miles are no problem for that motor There weren't many scrapes and scratches from what I saw in the pictures maybe drove on roads a lot. Mine has 3,800 miles on it and running good. I am about to take mine in for its 3rd valve adjustment.

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
Okay. I called back. 205 hours on the machine. So an average of 18.54. Tires are toast. Looking closer at the pictures. Not a huge deal because I plan to upgrade them no matter what machine I buy.

Since it's a dealer I have to pay tax. Best he'd do is asking price. That would be all inclusive of taxes etc. Plus delivery for a 7.5hr drive. I think I'll keep searching. $5k I would have bitten the bullet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Okay. I called back. 205 hours on the machine. So an average of 18.54. Tires are toast. Looking closer at the pictures. Not a huge deal because I plan to upgrade them no matter what machine I buy.

Since it's a dealer I have to pay tax. Best he'd do is asking price. That would be all inclusive of taxes etc. Plus delivery for a 7.5hr drive. I think I'll keep searching. $5k I would have bitten the bullet.

Are you not farm exempt? I highly recommend the 17 after riding tonight!

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
Nope. No farm exemption for me. I could buy in NH to save on taxes, but as soon as I register in state I'd have to pay MA sales tax.

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!