video cameras

D

Diegokid

Sep 29, 2019
nowheresville
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
We had beenhinking about a go pro camera for some time now for the various outdoor things we do. While we were at Stoney L we were told about the garmin series but I lost the paper I wrote the info on. Is the Garmins better than the go pro. I use garmin navigation and wind instruments on boats in the past so I can say I've never had an issue with that series of garmin.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
We had beenhinking about a go pro camera for some time now for the various outdoor things we do. While we were at Stoney L we were told about the garmin series but I lost the paper I wrote the info on. Is the Garmins better than the go pro. I use garmin navigation and wind instruments on boats in the past so I can say I've never had an issue with that series of garmin.
I took @joeymt33 advice and found a like new Virb XE with two extra batteries and a few different mounts on eBay. I bid $160 on it and won it for $150. Really like it so far. I just put together a little knockoff pelican case to hold all of the stuff.
IMG 20191121 202236 IMG 20191121 202256 IMG 20191121 202319

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
42ab4bf1eaf42a4dcbbdc697ce2941ae

I used these to power my cameras . They have high enough amp ratings to keep my cameras charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 166973

I used these to power my cameras . They have high enough amp ratings to keep my cameras charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use these because the Chinese knock offs put a lot of electrical noise into the system. I had to add a $3SAE connector from O’Reily and used heat shrink dielectric and silicone to keep water out but they’ve been going that way for 18months or so. I have the Garmin USB connector permanently installed and bought a spare for car and one for computer.

Battery Tender 081-0158 Quick Disconnect Plug with USB Charger Perfect for Charging Your iPhone, iPad, iPod, GPS, Camera or Any Smartphone or Device T https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DJ5KEF4/?tag=sxsweb24-20

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!