Volt meter readings

J

Jacknmaggie

Supporting Member
May 22, 2021
Chippewa falls wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X
I installed the honda voltmeter and sub harness but the meter does not read anything but zeros. I have power to the accessory socket. And I switched the two wires around on the back of the voltmeter and no difference. I don't have anything connected to the new wiring but what was in the instructions. Do I need an accessory connected to it fo it to work?

Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just an idea. Have you tried a hand held volt meter to confirm voltage directly off the connector? Maybe you have a faulty Honda meter?

J

Jacknmaggie

Supporting Member
May 22, 2021
Chippewa falls wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X
I don't have voltage on the wires going to the meter. I think I have a bad relay right before the meter. I unplugged it and have voltage only on one terminal. None going out of it.

Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Theres ways to test you relay. Check youtube- tons of videos. Good luck!!

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
u have any pics, sketches, relays can go bad, but its low probability, --

is the relay coil energized?

J

Jacknmaggie

Supporting Member
May 22, 2021
Chippewa falls wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X
I checked the relay. Power going in. But no power going out. Checked continuity and I have none on the relay.

Reactions: Smitty335
J

Jacknmaggie

Supporting Member
May 22, 2021
Chippewa falls wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X
20220227 143051
I wired it per the instructions and the voltage meter will only read zeros with the machine running.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
interesting.

if the coil of the relay has no continuity, then its bad

by continuity, I mean seeing ohms across the coil

if you are trying to read continuity across the contacts of the relay, if the coil is not energized - then yes you will not see continuity.

in short, do you gave 12vdc to the coil? if no then a wiring problem, if yes and no continuity, then a bad relay coil

hope this makes sense

Reactions: Smitty335
J

Jacknmaggie

Supporting Member
May 22, 2021
Chippewa falls wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X
I hooked the meter direct to the battery and it works but nothing when plugged into the harness. I am going to have the dealer test that relay just to take that out of the situation. With Hondas harness and subharness there is only one way to hook it up. I had two sets of eyes go through it with me.

• Sad
Reactions: CID
J

Jacknmaggie

Supporting Member
May 22, 2021
Chippewa falls wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have power going into relay but not out. One of the reasons I think it's the relay. I'm not great on electric but I tested it by Watching a video.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Just to make sure...
You turned the key on right?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

J

Jacknmaggie

Supporting Member
May 22, 2021
Chippewa falls wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X
So I started fresh this morning and started going through everything I did. Honda gives you a short wire harness to hook to battery with a plug on one end. After checking all other connections I checked that one. One pin was bent over and in the wrong hole[ hahaha]. Bent straight and works great. Thx all.

Reactions: Buggyman and CID
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
So I started fresh this morning and started going through everything I did. Honda gives you a short wire harness to hook to battery with a plug on one end. After checking all other connections I checked that one. One pin was bent over and in the wrong hole[ hahaha]. Bent straight and works great. Thx all.
👍

Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!