P500 Went to Brimstone on the P5, here are some pics & Vids.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Had a great time, late March had perfect weather and nothing broke (On my machine anyway).

Most of the trails are rocky and that really helps keep the ruts in check, at least giant V-Notched up-hill trails. Where I often ride is all mud and the up-hill trails can have a single V shave that is 8 feet deep and goes from zero to ten feet wide at the top so ya gotta pick your line carefully of be on your side, on a hill, stuck. :)

Link to vids from the super cheap $25 go-pro knockoff. I do not recommend one.
Alex S

We hit trails of all colors, but I was just following the buggy in front of me while keeping an eye on the guy behind me, so I was pretty much lost and need to go back with a LOT less buggies so I can look for trails we missed. Some of the videos show trail numbers, maybe some of you guys know that area better and can point things out.

I did run Polaris Ride Command and had all of my trails ready to post, but this POS android phone failed and I had to re-install and lost them three days after getting back. It's a nice enough app so long as it is on the screen, if you leave music open for too long it stops recording tracks. I am setting up a cheap Garmin with trail maps now, no more phones.

I spent the days following about 15 other machines that were all sport oriented. No dump beds here, not one utility UTV in the group.

FWI, The ledges we dropped off of would have destroyed anything that hangs out past the rear tires, so much that I am glad I had these 30" tires to help me out. I only high centered once in some mud but it was partially due to a tree getting hung up on my cage and not letting me back out of it....some simple shaking and I was free. I did fall over once, but it was due to taking a line that I knew was a risk, and when I had to cross up over the ruts I went over. I NEED A HARNESS! Seat belts burn like hell.

IMG 20170324 112129345

IMG 20170324 163751881

I only had an issue with one hill really, it had a big rock on the onside track/rut that I just could not get over, the P5 would have tumbled so I went around on the trail 10 feet to the right. As soon as I got to the top we all had to stop because a CanAm had an issue with the same rock, so I don't feel so bad.
IMG 20170325 192220092

The videos are on my youtube channel here. Alex S

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Dude.....Love it.
where I come from
they....call that.
....BADASS......
great ....thanks
for sharing....

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I thought the video was fine.
Thanks...the seller said it was a 1080P capable and that really should be in wide screen...and not have the resolution of a 7-11 security camera from 1997. :)

I may end up using it for a rear-view action cam. A guy on youtube( Scott Ausmus ) (Check it out) that makes a lot of side X videos has two rolling all the time so he can show what he is about to do, and then the guy behind him doing that same trail section and it really shows off how steep the trail is or technical etc.. Video is so 2d its hard to convey how steep something is.

bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
Thanks...the seller said it was a 1080P capable and that really should be in wide screen...and not have the resolution of a 7-11 security camera from 1997. :)

I may end up using it for a rear-view action cam. A guy on youtube( Scott Ausmus ) (Check it out) that makes a lot of side X videos has two rolling all the time so he can show what he is about to do, and then the guy behind him doing that same trail section and it really shows off how steep the trail is or technical etc.. Video is so 2d its hard to convey how steep something is.

I usually take two cameras, an action cam and a nice Canon. The Canon is a great camera but sees little use because I don't keep it handy. The action camera is on a headband and has provided hours of video. Short story, the crappy video you have is better than the high resolution video you don't have:D. My experience.

Reactions: pFive

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!