Who's Got the Best Price For Tires???

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
I've got Tusk Terrabites (30x10x15) on my 2021 X2 and they are great tires. I have one tire that has incurred it's 5th puncture (lots of nails, sharp rocks and "pokey things" in the AZ desert). I've removed and patched all the previous "issues" but I'm at a point where I'm not trusting it for a long ride. I've only got 2,000 miles on the set and not ready to replace them all but I'll likely get 2 just to even out the tread depth (front to rear). Anyway, I'm not changing brands and not looking for comments on "you should buy XXXX brand tires". I'm looking to find out who have you found to have the best tire pricing? Amazon has them for $500 pair. When I bought these tires 16 months ago, they were $205 each.... Has anyone found a better price? Thanks!!

Thanks 906UP for the picture issue....

Amazon   Tusk Tires

Last edited:
Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I just bought 5 of the 30x10x15 Tusk Terrabite 10 ply Aramid from Rocky Mountain ATV for $212.88 each I shopped around and they had the best price I could find and free shipping to boot.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
If you carry a spare tire, you can add a large patch to the inside of a damaged tire and install a tube. I have repaired several tires that can't be repaired with a plug. The problem is if you get another flat you can't fix it with a plug, so I always have a spare.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think my next set of tires will be from Walmart with the $10/tire road hazard warranty. I am not sure what I will buy, or what they have available. But I haven't had greatest luck with the Terrabites.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I think my next set of tires will be from Walmart with the $10/tire road hazard warranty. I am not sure what I will buy, or what they have available. But I haven't had greatest luck with the Terrabites.
I do that with my trailer tires from there. Its the steel of the century!!

just ordered new ones for my TH.
They went up $30 ea from 4 yrs ago! FJB

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Thanks! Fixed that.
You fixed it by changing it to a picture of another wrong tire ... :)

The Tusk Aramid Terrabites (10-ply bead to bead Twaron Aramid belting) is a different tire than the Tusk Terrabites (8-ply, not Twaron Armid belting, and not bead to bead coverage).

The regular Terrabites are $189.88 from RockyMountainATVMC, while the Aramids are/were $212.88.

I just installed 30x10-15 Tusk Aramid Terrabites on 15x7 5+2 Tusk Uinta beadlocks (1" front and 1.5" rear spacers from @RB3offroad). I've only got about 120 or so miles on them, but we just came back from TN after riding a couple of days with some of the gang here in/around the LaFollette area. I was VERY pleased with everything about the Aramid. Did really good in everything we came across, from on road to mud to hard pack to rock climbing. I did pick up a piece of chain link fence in the middle of the tread on the RR tire, but that was a quick single plug fix after I got home.

Can't give much more feedback, though, as I need to put more miles on them, but I do consider them a good marriage of a truck style (tread) tire and an ORV tire.

Last edited:
BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
What air pressure do you set it at?

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
You fixed it by changing it to a picture of another wrong tire ... :)

The Tusk Aramid Terrabites (10-ply bead to bead Twaron Aramid belting) is a different tire than the Tusk Terrabites (8-ply, not Twaron Armid belting, and not bead to bead coverage).

The regular Terrabites are $189.88 from RockyMountainATVMC, while the Aramids are/were $212.88.

I just installed 30x10-15 Tusk Aramid Terrabites on 15x7 5+2 Tusk Uinta beadlocks (1" front and 1.5" rear spacers from @RB3offroad). I've only got about 120 or so miles on them, but we just came back from TN after riding a couple of days with some of the gang here in/around the LaFollette area. I was VERY pleased with everything about the Aramid. Did really good in everything we came across, from on road to mud to hard pack to rock climbing. I did pick up a piece of chain link fence in the middle of the tread on the RR tire, but that was a quick single plug fix after I got home.

Can't give much more feedback, though, as I need to put more miles on them, but I do consider them a good marriage of a truck style (tread) tire and an ORV tire.
The Terrabite Aramid 10- ply is what I've got and replacing at $213. I find it strange that I've had so many punctures in this 1 tire (all others are patch free). I've even rotated the tires just prior to this latest hole. Just "lucky", I guess....

PXL 20230511 000554866MP

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The Terrabite Aramid 10- ply is what I've got and replacing at $213. I find it strange that I've had so many punctures in this 1 tire (all others are patch free). I've even rotated the tires just prior to this latest hole. Just "lucky", I guess....

View attachment 386874
Still a UTV tire in many ways they are!
Says Yoda

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!