P1000 Winch drawing too much power

S

smilingu

Jan 30, 2022
Laramie
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a pioneer 1000 s, installed a winch in the back, have dual batteries still having problem with winch drawing too much power and messing up power to tracks , I guess cause clutch is electric any help would be appreciated

Reactions: Lady01
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How do you have your two batteries connected? Are they directly in parallel or are you using an isolator/charger such as the True?

S

smilingu

Jan 30, 2022
Laramie
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't know dealer was supposed to put an isolator in ,will check tomorrow when I get back to machine, thanks

S

smilingu

Jan 30, 2022
Laramie
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a pioneer 1000 s, installed a winch in the back, have dual batteries still having problem with winch drawing too much power and messing up power to tracks , I guess cause clutch is electric any help would be appreciated
Thanks had dealer do it guess I'll check to see if it's correct

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed with an isolator, such as the True, AND with the winch connected to the Aux battery, as opposed to the main battery, the winch cannot draw down the main battery so as to prevent proper machine operation. This is important as a 4.5K winch can draw up to 180 amps or so at rated load, that can sap the power of a battery fairly quickly quickly. If possible, it's good to run the engine so the electrical system can at least help supply some of the winch current if that's doable.

Reactions: Lady01 and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!