BOX1

Window Washer Template Install

Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have O.E.M window washer kit. The templates on these kits leave a lot to be desired. Leaving the template printing at "actual size" it is still a somewhat sloppy fit. For anyone who has done the washer install, where do you align the top of template. Obviously, you only get one shot. The instructions show aligning at very top of bevel in dash. If you do that it is a little slppy on each side. If I slide the template down to "fit" then it is about an inch away. Any help would be appreciated.

R

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
I have O.E.M window washer kit. The templates on these kits leave a lot to be desired. Leaving the template printing at "actual size" it is still a somewhat sloppy fit. For anyone who has done the washer install, where do you align the top of template. Obviously, you only get one shot. The instructions show aligning at very top of bevel in dash. If you do that it is a little slppy on each side. If I slide the template down to "fit" then it is about an inch away. Any help would be appreciated.
I aligned mine to the bottom edge. It actually cuts the bottom off when I printed it but after looking at the PDF and the words on the side I could see how it needed to go. The rubber grommet that you install after you mount the wiper motor does have a little play in it so you don't have to be perfect. My template was almost an exact fit with the heavy black lines. The bottom of the template that was cut off was rounded a bit. So I just placed the template when it was cut off even w the lower edge of the sides. the rounded section that was cut off sticks out the bottom of the template about 1/4 inch. Drilled a pilot hole and then cut the whole w a fostner bit. Came out perfect. And works well if you keep the mud under control.

Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
I aligned mine to the bottom edge. It actually cuts the bottom off when I printed it but after looking at the PDF and the words on the side I could see how it needed to go. The rubber grommet that you install after you mount the wiper motor does have a little play in it so you don't have to be perfect. My template was almost an exact fit with the heavy black lines. The bottom of the template that was cut off was rounded a bit. So I just placed the template when it was cut off even w the lower edge of the sides. the rounded section that was cut off sticks out the bottom of the template about 1/4 inch. Drilled a pilot hole and then cut the whole w a fostner bit. Came out perfect. And works well if you keep the mud under control.

This is great information. So if I understand you correctly. If you cut the actual size template accurately, you should position it so it "fits" precisely in the recessed area?

R

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
Yes. That’s what I did. But when I printed it the bottom didn’t print. Margin limit I suspect.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!