Wiring accessories

H

hgotcher

Jul 16, 2020
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed the dual battery setup on my 2020 pioneer 1000-5. I’m going to have a winch, strip light, 2 cube lights and volt indicator for now. I have noticed couple of the items tell me to wire to the aux fuse. So my question is how do I wire the extras to my 2nd battery w the fuse box wired to the original battery

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well. I'm not the best for advice on this. Only because I don't run many fuses or relays. But what they want you to do is have a fuse block on your second battery and run all your accessories to that "aux" fuse block. The only thing I have a fuse on is my stereo system. Oh, and my heater. But no fuses on my light bars, light strips or anything else.

R

Reloder28

Oct 21, 2018
Deer Park, Tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
I realized how insufficient the power take off was on the factory fuse block for my accessories. So, I then knew I would have to do an aux. battery install. Once I reconciled my mind to that, I got excited knowing it would meet my needs with power to spare.

i bought a poly cutting board that made a perfect fit up front under the hood as a non-conductive electrical panel. On it I mounted a Blue Marine 5032 Split Bus Fuse Block that afforded me 6 constant hot fused terminals & 6 switched fused terminals. To make the switched bank I wired in a relay which was very easy to do.

I purchased the ACC Socket Key On Pigtails to give me the switched power to trigger the relay supplying my switched bus on the fuse panel. I wired the LED Accessory lights to the constant hot as they had inline switches & fuses. I wound up with 3 leads on the switched bus & 4 on the constant hot bus of the fuse block.

I made 2 copper flat bar buses with five 1/4”studs each giving me 1 positive, 1 negative bus. There I ran my auxiliary battery positive in & negative in. 1 each front winch power lead & rear winch power lead. This gave me ample power studs to connect my battery tending charger instead of removing the seat to string leads all across it. All of this is mounted on my kitchen cutting board panel.

Installed a battery charging isolator adjacent to the starter relay under the seat & ran a volt meter feed wire to the dash. I also ran a 12 awg wire from the starer battery to the electrical panel on a 1/4” stud bolt as a post to connect the battery tending charger leads. The copper buses provide ample leads for the other bank of my battery tender. This was necessary as the isolator separates the batteries with power off. And, they each need to be maintained separately anyway.

None of this was hard to do. It requires $$ spent to do the job correctly & it requires time with patience. The end result is the satisfaction of a job done correctly.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!