Wisconsin width

M

MarkZ

Oct 25, 2022
Tomah Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am looking for rim’s with an offset to narrow my r 3.5”. I know it is possible but I would like to not have to spend $400 a rim. Any steal or aluminum rim will do. I just need to pass inspection at 65” or less.
MarkZ

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am looking for rim’s with an offset to narrow my r 3.5”. I know it is possible but I would like to not have to spend $400 a rim. Any steal or aluminum rim will do. I just need to pass inspection at 65” or less.
MarkZ
Thats gona look a little funny dont you think?

What Talon do you have?
Welcome from Michigan!

@Plumber32 is from your area and has an X4 and rides your trails. Maybe he will have some insite for you.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
MarkZ
The fronts are almost flush with the hub already, so they're going to stick out past the tire if you go 1-3/4" narrower per side.

Laying a board across a front tire, my hubs are only recessed 1".

M

MarkZ

Oct 25, 2022
Tomah Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thats gona look a little funny dont you think?

What Talon do you have?
Welcome from Michigan!

@Plumber32 is from your area and has an X4 and rides your trails. Maybe he will have some insite for you.
It is more common to go narrow in the western parks from what I see on other blogs. I am just trying to get an affordable set. If I were younger and could do some or to pay for them I could just order some of the $400 from California. It is only 3” it would not be very evident. Unless tapped.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It is more common to go narrow in the western parks from what I see on other blogs. I am just trying to get an affordable set. If I were younger and could do some or to pay for them I could just order some of the $400 from California. It is only 3” it would not be very evident. Unless tapped.
Its no so much that, but what @ToddACimer said about your vin with being compliant and the DNR giving 0 F’s if you made your wheels smaller to get to the 65”. So doing what your trying to do would
Be a waist of money and a moog point don't your think?

scottkooch

scottkooch

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 26, 2021
SO MN
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
If your thinking about going back to the 68" width after initial inspection, I've gone through some gates in the Spooner/Cable area that were very tight at 64" on my 1000x-4. It's more when there are trees and rocks surrounding the gates and a turn is needed.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If your thinking about going back to the 68" width after initial inspection, I've gone through some gates in the Spooner/Cable area that were very tight at 64" on my 1000x-4. It's more when there are trees and rocks surrounding the gates and a turn is needed.
Up near Antigo is tight too. Even mirrors can be tight on a Pioneer

A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
MarkZ
Talked to a guy a couple weeks ago who narrowed his R with different rims. Still was unsure how he got a WI tag. Like someone else said the DNR goes by factory specs. I didn't want to sound like I was badgering him, I didn't really care as we weren't on the trails but road riding for a poker run.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Talked to a guy a couple weeks ago who narrowed his R with different rims. Still was unsure how he got a WI tag. Like someone else said the DNR goes by factory specs. I didn't want to sound like I was badgering him, I didn't really care as we weren't on the trails but road riding for a poker run.
I'll bet they will take the $ and give you stickers. Technically every atv in wi has to be registered even if it never leaves your own property.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yep it was researched, and the DNR said it goes by factory specs.

Hope that works the other way too then. Like a 50" P5 but the wheels and tires being spread to 55". It still fits through the gates around here and you can tell it's a tiny machine just looking at it. I guess if a LEO wants to be a dick... 🤷‍♂️

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hope that works the other way too then. Like a 50" P5 but the wheels and tires being spread to 55". It still fits through the gates around here and you can tell it's a tiny machine just looking at it. I guess if a LEO wants to be a dick... 🤷‍♂️
Nazis have nothing on the Wisconsin dept of natural resources.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!