BOX1

P500 Won’t start and display stays on after key is remived

B

Bayoutiger86

Nov 14, 2019
LA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I need a little help. I ran my p500 Monday, sprayed it off and parked it. This AM I went to start it and it won’t crank. It does turn try to start but never turns over. Also the display is showing 1st gear but won’t shift otherwise, check engine light is flashing and oil light is red. All of this stays on after the key is removed too.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need a little help. I ran my p500 Monday, sprayed it off and parked it. This AM I went to start it and it won’t crank. It does turn try to start but never turns over. Also the display is showing 1st gear but won’t shift otherwise, check engine light is flashing and oil light is red. All of this stays on after the key is removed too.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Have you put in on a battery charger?

Reactions: Biteme and J80
B

Bayoutiger86

Nov 14, 2019
LA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Haven’t put it in the charger or tried to jump. Did have the brake pressed.
I’m hunting at the moment, so I just walked to one of my close stands. But am just trying to gather some suggestions for when I head back to the camp.

thanks for the replies so far.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Sprayed it off???
Wet connection causing short & battery drain.( Low batter can cause strange things )
Charge the battery
Dry it
Then use the special made grease for electric connections. ON ALL CONNECTIONS. ( Available at most Auto Parts Stocres )
There is several that have already written about this.
Plus using the manual shift tool under the seat check to be sure it is not stuck between gears.
Good Luck
Keep us posted
Welcome to the forum
A lot of good information & help to be had here
&&& BS

Reactions: Biteme
B

Bayoutiger86

Nov 14, 2019
LA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks all. Didn’t shoot one this AM, but did get the bike to start. Disconnected the battery, brushed the terminals and cable connections. Screwed them back on and it started out up just fine.

strange...thinking about getting another battery and keeping it at the camp for backup.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks all. Didn’t shoot one this AM, but did get the bike to start. Disconnected the battery, brushed the terminals and cable connections. Screwed them back on and it started out up just fine.

strange...thinking about getting another battery and keeping it at the camp for backup.
Jump packs are pretty cheap and versatile. They’re small enough to take with you as well until you have confidence in the fix.

B

Bayoutiger86

Nov 14, 2019
LA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yup, good suggestion. Bought an everstart for my wife a while back. May get myself one as well.

Reactions: Biteme
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!