Talon Word of caution

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
Today I was hosing off some road grime and when done I pushed my x inside the shop. I turned backwards against the rear and grabbed under the cover that is over the exhaust. When I did I also caught the heat shield and yikes. That shield is razor sharp on the edge and got a pretty good laceration across two of my fingers. Tomorrow I will file down that sharp edge,,,, Bottom line watch out for the shield cuz it will get ya.

B

Bunnycop

Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2019
Altoona,Pa
Ownership

1. Talon R
Problem solved.....

Talon1

H

HondaTech

That looks like the Honda OEM cargo box. How do you like it? Been waiting to see one on a Talon and see what bed extender options would work with it.

We've tried both Honda boxes with the SuperAtv extender and they fit. The complaint I have with the smaller box is the mounts are in the middle and the box is very loose. I dont think it'll come out but its definately not super tight.

RideRed85

RideRed85

Jan 23, 2019
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
We've tried both Honda boxes with the SuperAtv extender and they fit. The complaint I have with the smaller box is the mounts are in the middle and the box is very loose. I dont think it'll come out but its definately not super tight.

Thanks! Is the loose fit the case with the larger box?

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

Thanks! Is the lose fit the case with the larger box?

We never tried it, I'd say it's better since there are more hooks spread out.

The smaller one has 2 close together in the middle, if they'd have just put them towards the outside edge on the side it would be alot sturdier.

Reactions: RideRed85
HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
BC, do you have a rear window? If so, could you tell me what it is and where you got it? Does it work against the horrible dust vortex when you shut your front windshield? I also have chase lights so the ones I have seen so far wouldn't work. Thanks HD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!