• Thread starter Fordpickupjaybird2003
  • Start date
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yea I don’t know. Hopefully the mechanic figures it out fairly quick. I put a timing gun on the wires that are on the spark plug and the wires have full power and are firing. I don’t get it. All I could say is maybe stuck injector or no compression because I find it hard to believe that water is in the fuel still with a bottle and a half of heet poured in two different batches of fuel. If there was that much water I’d say both cylinders would have gone out.
Isn't that bottle of Heet made for a 20 gallon tank? That sounds like way too much. If there is water in there you would see tiny little bubbles on the wet spark plugs. Not sure if that engine would run on all that alcohol. I would say fresh gas, no Heet.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Your fuel injection enriches the mixture depending on the temperature and how long it takes for the engine to warm up. Carbureted equipped engines have either a manual or automatic choke which does the same thing. From looking at your avatar, you're located in Michigan and I'm guessing it's quite cold there like where I'm located. Continually running it cold with other issues may wash a cylinder down, trashing your engine. I'd get off the computer and call someone knowledgable who can make needied repairs.

F

Fordpickupjaybird2003

Supporting Member
Dec 18, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Isn't that bottle of Heet made for a 20 gallon tank? That sounds like way too much. If there is water in there you would see tiny little bubbles on the wet spark plugs. Not sure if that engine would run on all that alcohol. I would say fresh gas, no Heet.
Yes. The first time I put in 1/3 a bottle to the tank because it’s a 7 gal tank. Then the second go around I did the 2/3 bottle. Then todays was around 1/3. They don’t have a scale on the side so I don’t know but regardless it ran today for 20 min with about a 1/3 of the bottle with around 2-3 gal of gas and the firing cylinder was running fine. The other cylinder still nothing.
I didn’t see any bubbles on the spark plug. Just fresh gas.

F

Fordpickupjaybird2003

Supporting Member
Dec 18, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your fuel injection enriches the mixture depending on the temperature and how long it takes for the engine to warm up. Carbureted equipped engines have either a manual or automatic choke which does the same thing. From looking at your avatar, you're located in Michigan and I'm guessing it's quite cold there like where I'm located. Continually running it cold with other issues may wash a cylinder down, trashing your engine. I'd get off the computer and call someone knowledgable who can make needied repairs.
It’s already going in repair dealership on Tuesday. I’m done.

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
F

Fordpickupjaybird2003

Supporting Member
Dec 18, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Make sure to have the oil changed considering how rich it's running
Yep told them to do all fluids and filters because I’m sure that oil pan is mixed with gas from that cylinder just washing the plug with gas and shooting it out the exhaust pipe

Reactions: Smitty335
F

Fordpickupjaybird2003

Supporting Member
Dec 18, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't imagine that you have so little compression in that one cylinder, but it's starting to sound like it.
Yep I think that’s what it has to be. Stuck ring most likely
or sand in cylinder but can’t believe it’s that because seems like the last time
I ran it I would have heard and felt the machine acting differently and it wasn’t.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yep I think that’s what it has to be. Stuck ring most likely
or sand in cylinder but can’t believe it’s that because seems like the last time
I ran it I would have heard and felt the machine acting differently and it wasn’t.
I was thinking maybe cracked piston, if you say there was water in the fuel.

advertisement
F

Fordpickupjaybird2003

Supporting Member
Dec 18, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
did your shop get a chance to look at?
So just received the call. So sounds like compressions good. Spark is good which I knew. Plugs were good like I knew. Fuel was good. The forward injector is firing the first round of fuel but it’s not shutting down after that so it’s flooding the cylinder. He says it’s a faulty injector but I questioned them that is it a faulty injector that’s staying stuck open or is it faulty for whatever is controlling the injector and it’s not shutting power off when it’s suppose to. He didn’t have an answer and had to talk to the tech. Hopefully it’s just an injector because the bill right now is $500. Oil was way more than it was suppose to be because it was full of gas from the cylinder flooding. Hopefully that’s it. Fingers crossed.

F

Fordpickupjaybird2003

Supporting Member
Dec 18, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats pretty cool, I wish the PE division did more hands on stuff.
did your shop get a chance to look at?
So just received the call. So sounds like compressions good. Spark is good which I knew. Plugs were good like I knew. Fuel was good. The forward injector is firing the first round of fuel but it’s not shutting down after that so it’s flooding the cylinder. He says it’s a faulty injector but I questioned them that is it a faulty injector that’s staying stuck open or is it faulty for whatever is controlling the injector and it’s not shutting power off when it’s suppose to. He didn’t have an answer and had to talk to the tech. Hopefully it’s just an injector because the bill right now is $500. Oil was way more than it was suppose to be because it was full of gas from the cylinder flooding. Hopefully that’s it. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: pappyo
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Who is ur dealer?
Where bouts u located in our Big Gretch controlled Once great state?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Cc sports. I just puked in my mouth from hearing her name. I’m in howell mi.
Yeah shes a real peach huh? They dont call her Strechen Gretchen for nothin! 🤣 Nasty women! I think Women🤔🥳

C&C in Brighton. Yup, tried to make a deal with them a few times wasn't impressed. Havent heard great things about service either. That was some time ago tho. Hope it all works out for you.

Im in Stockbridge twp.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!