Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Figured you’d explain it to me… no clue as to why it won’t work..
I'm still skeptical..... from a mechanical engineering stand point I just don't see the issue, the rack & pinion ratio doesn't change, I can't see how the steering sensor would know the arms are different but whatever

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Might have a problem with rubbing here between the frame stiffener and the a-arm guards… anyone run into this issue?

View attachment 428331View attachment 428332
Drive it like u stole it!
I ditched the arm guards. Too much poopy collects. Last time i had them, got a stick in there and cut the F out of my outer boot!
like that Belamy Brothers song….
Just let your love flow!!! But replace love with mud. 😏

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Drive it like u stole it!
I ditched the arm guards. Too much poopy collects. Last time i had them, got a stick in there and cut the F out of my outer boot!
like that Belamy Brothers song….
Just let your love flow!!! But replace love with mud. 😏
I had good luck with the factory guards on the LE… plus plan on drilling some holes similar to the LE ones

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Troof, but Current ones from SuperATV don’t work with LV
Something about the turning sensor… link on post 2
Weird but OK, I can be dumb the rest of the day now 😆
I think SATV is referring to their power steering setup when he is referring to the steering effects. Arched aarms have no effect on the steering sensor. I and many others have them on my RLV and it changed nothing on the LV system.

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
I think SATV is referring to their power steering setup when he is referring to the steering effects. Arched aarms have no effect on the steering sensor. I and many others have them on my RLV and it changed nothing on the LV system.
Good to know then… I swore I saw somewhere on their site that they didn’t work with LV, but cannot find that anymore… 🤷‍♂️

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Good to know then… I swore I saw somewhere on their site that they didn’t work with LV, but cannot find that anymore… 🤷‍♂️
Yeah there is nothing in the LV, sensor wise, that goes to the front aarms. And the aftermarket high arching ones don’t change a single thing except for being beefier and high aching. Only possible thing would be swapping out the newer shorter aarms with the older forward/stretched you would need to set your tie rods/steering up for the extended arms. But once again that should not change the actual steering angle sensor to have a problem operationally….if adjusted and set properly.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Get some arched A-arms, then the arm skids won't fit.....problem solved
It all works with LV. I think one of the website copy guys got a little happy with the copy and paste button.

The power steering kit does effect some of the LV functions, but just the side dampening functions during high speed turning. Nothing else is effected.

EDIT: I guess the boxed A-arms for the X models actually do interfere. Its just a clearance issue with the arms. But.....its just that one kit. Boxed for the X.

Last edited:
Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Got the rear windshield installed… was a huge PIA and as typical doesn’t quite fit as nicely even with all those cutouts and bends

IMG 6266

As others have mentioned the pre-filter is a snug fit (had to adjust and tilt it a little bit)
IMG 6267

Cutouts don’t quite line up
IMG 6268

advertisement
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Not sure, but I recommend taking that last bit of the tail of the harness and running back over the buckle and down through. Otherwise they sometimes will work themselves loose in my experience.
Will do. I still need to adjust them so was leaving them loose for now… but valid point and I hope I don’t forget to run them back through.

Still debating if I should snug up the buckle around the mounting point or leave loose like they are now

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Will do. I still need to adjust them so was leaving them loose for now… but valid point and I hope I don’t forget to run them back through.

Still debating if I should snug up the buckle around the mounting point or leave loose like they are now
I left mine loose. I have the same buckles and they are a pain to tighten. I may tweak them a bit before TO.

-Bear-

-Bear-

NTC Master Fabricator
Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!