P1000m5 Which Battery for dual battery set up 2022

A

ADVBUM

Dec 10, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been reading dual battery set up threads. Many different ways of people doing it. I dont see recommendations for what battery to use. What battery has been the better option? Is there a parts list thread for the dual battery set up? TY

Reactions: TxDoc
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
There are tons of threads that include specific battery recommendations. I have a Mighty Max in my P1K5 and a Deka in the Talon. See my build threads for specific part numbers. Oh, search is your friend, too.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is your preference of placement because I feel like that changes the recommendations. My auxillary battery is a full size marine under my driver seat.

Reactions: ChadD
J

Johnny5isalive

Dec 11, 2023
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have been reading dual battery set up threads. Many different ways of people doing it. I dont see recommendations for what battery to use. What battery has been the better option? Is there a parts list thread for the dual battery set up? TY
Mighty Max also

12V 26AH Battery Replacement for Odyssey PC925 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0P2O2O?tag=sxsweb24-20

B01N0P2O2O

Working on it now 😀

IMG 8481

Reactions: ChadD and ADVBUM
advertisement
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If your going under the hood gravity will hold it for most rides but I used a couple big zip ties on my 19 model to hold it.

Reactions: ChadD
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ordered, Thank you. How did you secure the battery?
Should be post 15

Reactions: Scoop
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ordered, Thank you. How did you secure the battery?

I guess there are several ways that work. The battery needs to be secured well enough that it won't come loose in the rough stuff or if you turn turtle - (don't do that).

I used a nylon strap, one of the ones with a simple cam type buckle. Cut to length, secured the strap on each side of the battery well using hot melt glue (I tested this first on a scrap of plastic to measure adhesion strength - it's strong. I also put some closed cell foam between batter and box so the straps compress the strap to keep everything snug and vibration free. Sorry, no pics, they're on my other computer that's gone bonkers. (I hate computers)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!