Using Hondas Accessory Fuse Box for non Honda Accessories

R

rellison110

Nov 16, 2013
For those of you that either have or plan to install Hondas accessory switch panel and fuse box, there is an issue that has frustrated me to no end. The switches and plug in connectors are vendor are and proprietary to Honda. Fortunately for any Pioneer owners wanting to install this, I have located and now installed non Honda items using their accessory fuse box and switch panel.

The connectors and associated pins that go inside the connector are available from Mouser Electronics.com and the part numbers are as follows:

Two pin is 538-50-84-1020
Three pin is 538-50-84-1030
Four pin is 538-50-84-1040
The pins is 538-02-08-1002

I have only used the two pin so far, as that was all I need so far. I soldered my connectors.

I purchased switches from OTRATTW.com and they are Carling Tecnologies V series. I chose the Contura two which have two illumination functions. They illuminate with a bar at the bottom of the switch when the head lights are on, and then the designated symbol on the switch lights up when the accessory is in use.

You will need to modify the Honda connectors that plug into the switch panel per Carlings switch wiring diagram. I wired directly into the head light switch wire for the lower illumination function. It is a black and white wire that is under the hood, by the wheel well on the drivers side, and is a two pin connector that if you pull it apart, will disconnect power to the head lights, that will tell you that you have the right wire.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Re: Using Hondas Accessory Fuse Box for non Honda Accessorie

This is great. We have been looking for those plugs so you can connect non Honda lights to the honda accessory box.

F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013

I been reading about people who bought the accessory box and wanted to install a aftermarket light.
Looks like you need to buy the metal inserts also.

R

rellison110

Nov 16, 2013

The last number designation is for the pins

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota

Where can I find a carling non illuminated switch? I don't want to splice into my headlight switch. I just want a switch that will go into my Honda switch plate and plug in to one of the accessory harness plugs for a backup light. Did a search for the same switch that came with my Honda lights Carling V151-132R but with no results.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

Elkhunter said:
Where can I find a carling non illuminated switch? I don't want to splice into my headlight switch. I just want a switch that will go into my Honda switch plate and plug in to one of the accessory harness plugs for a backup light. Did a search for the same switch that came with my Honda lights Carling V151-132R but with no results.
Elk,
You do not have to wire up the lights.
And they do sell non lighted switches too.

Order this one - http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.php?p ... -00000-000
And you will need the rocker, say this one - http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.php?prod=VVPZC77-58B (order rocker only)

Reactions: Deluxe700
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota

Thanks Honda SxS! I was confused on what to order.

W

wataboy

Dec 22, 2016
SoGA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anyone tried to run the switches of the oem acc box to the center "warning" panel? Is the harness long enough? Thanks

STRATOSMICRO

STRATOSMICRO

Feb 25, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
For those of you that either have or plan to install Hondas accessory switch panel and fuse box, there is an issue that has frustrated me to no end. The switches and plug in connectors are vendor are and proprietary to Honda. Fortunately for any Pioneer owners wanting to install this, I have located and now installed non Honda items using their accessory fuse box and switch panel.

The connectors and associated pins that go inside the connector are available from Mouser Electronics.com and the part numbers are as follows:

I have only used the two pin so far, as that was all I need so far. I soldered my connectors.

I purchased switches from OTRATTW.com and they are Carling Tecnologies V series. I chose the Contura two which have two illumination functions. They illuminate with a bar at the bottom of the switch when the head lights are on, and then the designated symbol on the switch lights up when the accessory is in use.

You will need to modify the Honda connectors that plug into the switch panel per Carlings switch wiring diagram. I wired directly into the head light switch wire for the lower illumination function. It is a black and white wire that is under the hood, by the wheel well on the drivers side, and is a two pin connector that if you pull it apart, will disconnect power to the head lights, that will tell you that you have the right wire.

This kit is available for the P1K and the P700 for the DIY:

KIT#26 HONDA PIONEER 700, D.I.Y. , SWITCH & CONNECTOR KIT FOR 0SA30-HL3-100 | eBay

KIT#14, HONDA PIONEER 1000 3P/5P, D.I.Y. SWITCH & CONNECTOR KIT, 0SA30-HL4-100 | eBay

P700 diy

99ridered

99ridered

Aug 6, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Will those part numbers work for the 1000 also?

W

wyowrangler

Oct 9, 2018
wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
can you tell me what I need to plug into the fuse panel? i have just figured out that I do not want to go with honda high priced accessories always. thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!