2015 700-4 loose oil plug

B

bloomy250r

Jan 25, 2015
Ill start by saying I'm glad to be back in a honda..I got to my first service pulled access plate off and leaves were built up above it and soaked in oil...I grabbed oil drain plug and loosened it with my fingers...Just wanted to share ...other than that so far love it.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the club bloomy250r.
sorry to here about the plug being loose. There has been a few complaints about loose bolts. But not more then a handful. Generally, I still find these issues related to being built on a Friday and just getting overlooked.
I do hope you enjoy your Pioneer and look forward to hearing about your adventures.
C-ya.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I lost two ROPS nuts in the first 3 hours on the machine. I noticed a rattling sound and found the problem. I then searched the vehicle over and found many more loose. That's my only disappointment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I got to look over my ROPS nuts mines rattling bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
my drain plug was tight, you can see the old crush ring in the picture.

20150419 125513 zpslfiilwrg

G

gokorn1

Apr 20, 2015
I had the same issue with the drain plug.

R

RJM9

Apr 19, 2015
Completed my first service today and to my surprise I was able to loosen my oil drain plug by hand.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know the ROPS bolts are on the dealer it was purchased from, as it comes disassembled to minimize shipping size.
Not sure whether the fluids are all pre-filled by Honda plant or not.
Either way the dealer should have confirmed that everything was tight, that is part of the assembly process for the dealer.

Since people seem to be having this issue, it would probably be a good idea to check everything yourself behind your dealer, especially if you are one of the owners who drive it like a submarine. Water in the oil is the making of a BAD day.

S

Slippinaround

May 7, 2015
Took mine to get first service today and as i was dropping it off i happened to look at the drain plug and saw oil all around it. Checked it out and it was hand right as well. Really stinks

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
welcome to the Club slippinaround!! if you need any help feel free to ask!!!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome @Slippinaround. Glad to have you as part of the HondaSxS Club!
Hate to see this issue keep popping up. It's more disappointing then anything. But... It's hard to find good help these days and I'm sure HSC has there fair share of people who want a paycheck vs a job!

rodroddy

rodroddy

May 23, 2015
Ill start by saying I'm glad to be back in a honda..I got to my first service pulled access plate off and leaves were built up above it and soaked in oil...I grabbed oil drain plug and loosened it with my fingers...Just wanted to share ...other than that so far love it.
mine was the same way.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the Club @RJM9 !!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!