Multi 2017 HUNTING

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Only a couple weeks till Colorado Big Game seasons kick off. I've been up in the high country doing some scouting. Try and get up every 2-3 days. We'll be chasing elk, deer, and sheep in a few weeks then Antelope and bear. Don't know anyone this year that has a goat or moose tag.

Rams

All bucks, a couple good ones

Above treeline, and the clouds.

A lightning strike that wasn't there a few days ago.

IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Dang I wish I had that much time to be out scouting. I'll just be winging it as usual this year. Run around on the weekends next month with my bow glassing for mulies, rub elbows with everybody else for rifle elk season at the end of October, then try to catch whitetails in the rut around Thanksgiving. My freezer is nearly empty!

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only a couple weeks till Colorado Big Game seasons kick off. I've been up in the high country doing some scouting. Try and get up every 2-3 days. We'll be chasing elk, deer, and sheep in a few weeks then Antelope and bear. Don't know anyone this year that has a goat or moose tag.

Rams
View attachment 51202 View attachment 51195 View attachment 51196

All bucks, a couple good ones
View attachment 51197
View attachment 51198

Above treeline, and the clouds.
View attachment 51199 View attachment 51200

A lightning strike that wasn't there a few days ago.
View attachment 51201
Jealous!

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Nice! Headed to the south end of Kodiak end of Oct for Mt Goat, then coming back and rolling into Brown Bear. Deer season is wide open, but probably won't get out til end of this month. Our deer had a hell of a winter, but in hiking and glassing have seen a few decent bucks here and there.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
advertisement
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Not the best pics. My spotter is the baby Vortex 11-33. But got a couple Nannies and a Kid. And a Sow and three Cubs in the other. Mom and the kids were surprisingly high for this time of year.

IMG 4038 IMG 4047

Reactions: sharp
Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nice! Headed to the south end of Kodiak end of Oct for Mt Goat, then coming back and rolling into Brown Bear. Deer season is wide open, but probably won't get out til end of this month. Our deer had a hell of a winter, but in hiking and glassing have seen a few decent bucks here and there.

Brown bear are at the top of my list for excitement. You are in for a great time. I guided for brown bear for the spring seasons down on the AK Peninnsula for 19 years. Very wild and remote country. What kind of work do you do on Kodiak?

Last edited:
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
@Amre2me2 Those are some great bears! I agree hunting them is quite the experience. Had a close encounter this spring with a large pissed huffing boar and the sow he was chasing. Hopefully get another opportunity on him. I work for the Coast Guard here.

J

JTW

@Amre2me2 Those are some great bears! I agree hunting them is quite the experience. Had a close encounter this spring with a large pissed huffing boar and the sow he was chasing. Hopefully get another opportunity on him. I work for the Coast Guard here.
I watched the movie the Guardian... pretty sure that makes me a Kodiak island CG expert! Lol

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thank you for your service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Take advantage of the hunting while your up there! Sounds like you are.

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
@Amre2me2 yeah man, the opportunities are incredible here. Hope to get Goat and Bear this year. Already planning a sheep hunt for next year. It's pretty amazing what I can chase without needing to win the lottery or draw a tag.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!