A

Ainslieca

Jan 24, 2021
Summerfield, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am looking into fully enclosed canvas doors and roof. I would like the hard enclosure but its a little out of my budget. I was wanting to know if anyone has the canvas enclosure, and how it does when it rains. Do they keep all the rain water out or do they leak through at all? Or do they connect well with the hard plastic roofs? Trying to see what the best way to do it without spending 2k, just looking for the best bang for my buck option. Also what is the best front windshield to get with the enclosure. I currently have a "scratch resistant" which definitely has scratches just from dust. So I would like to get a glass windshield.

Also would I need to remove my sound bar that is hooked on the middle roof bar. Just looking for options, any help or information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the club!

I can't be of much help of the enclosure but I do recommend the SATV flip up windshield.

We say...........pics or it didn't happen!!!

#NTC

Reactions: ChadD and Raynman
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am looking into fully enclosed canvas doors and roof. I would like the hard enclosure but its a little out of my budget. I was wanting to know if anyone has the canvas enclosure, and how it does when it rains. Do they keep all the rain water out or do they leak through at all? Or do they connect well with the hard plastic roofs? Trying to see what the best way to do it without spending 2k, just looking for the best bang for my buck option. Also what is the best front windshield to get with the enclosure. I currently have a "scratch resistant" which definitely has scratches just from dust. So I would like to get a glass windshield.

Also would I need to remove my sound bar that is hooked on the middle roof bar. Just looking for options, any help or information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Your ? Is a little confusing. Most people are talking about enclosures when they are talking about the ones that have to be unzipped to open doors. Ex cec enclosures, green mountain enclosures, utv enclosures. These do not include roof. I think Honda makes a fabric Bimini top. I have a Honda hard roof and Honda canvas upper doors on a p3. The doors rub the top a little but the top extends out a little further than the doors so everything stays dry. There are some gaps that could possibly allow some rain to be blown in but it hasn’t been a problem.

Reactions: TripleB and ChadD
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Truthfully you need to plan to spend close to $2k, windshield $500-600, roof $500+, enclosure or doors $500-$700. I’d add a Honda mid fabric panel even if you go with one of the zippered enclosures as it’ll help reduce dust for another $150.

I have the below:
SATV flip up windshield
SATV rear window
SATV roof
Honda fabric mid panel
Seizmik front door

All of this creates a great enclosure that reduces the wind by 95% and dust by 95% as well but it still isn’t cheap but cheaper then a hard setup. I haven’t ridden it in the rain but there are points I guess it could come in but very little would.

Here is a video I took at 40mph, there is zero wind noise, wind noise was the same up to 60mph just didn’t video it

Last edited:
A

Ainslieca

Jan 24, 2021
Summerfield, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Truthfully you need to plan to spend close to $2k, windshield $500-600, roof $500+, enclosure or doors $500-$700. I’d add a Honda mid fabric panel even if you go with one of the zippered enclosures as it’ll help reduce dust for another $150.

I have the below:
SATV flip up windshield
SATV rear window
SATV roof
Honda fabric mid panel
Seizmik front door

All of this creates a great enclosure that reduces the wind by 95% and dust by 95% as well but it still isn’t cheap but cheaper then a hard setup. I haven’t ridden it in the rain but there are points I guess it could come in but very little would.

Here is a video I took at 40mph, there is zero wind noise, wind noise was the same up to 60mph just didn’t video it
Nice, Yeah that's the set up I need. I don't ride in the rain a lot but I just want to have something enclosed so I don't get wet if it ever starts raining and also just to be able to ride more in the winter time. Is your windshield real glass?

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice, Yeah that's the set up I need. I don't ride in the rain a lot but I just want to have something enclosed so I don't get wet if it ever starts raining and also just to be able to ride more in the winter time. Is your windshield real glass?
Nope it is the hard coated poly.

CajunRedneck

CajunRedneck

Jan 16, 2021
Southeast Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I have the below:
SATV flip up windshield
SATV rear window
SATV roof
Honda fabric mid panel
Seizmik front door

It may just be the video, but does your windshield on the drivers side have a thicker weatherstripping in it, I noticed on my satv flip up that my drivers side has a little gap where the rest is pretty much flush?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!