2023 Pioneer 1000-5

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Not even in the same ballpark as cancel culture. You say something offensive and someone cancels your show, job, etc. That's cancel culture. This is just people putting their money where their mouth is. Bud light is not being canceled at all.
Disagree. It happened late in the quarter and a $6B loss is probably going to mean NONE of their employees get bonuses next year. And guarantee more than just the moron who lost her job already is going to be sent out.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I changed both of my differential oils and used Mobil 1 synthetic 75w-140 and used Mobil 1 synthetic 30w oil in the sub transmission. A good bit quieter. Nice looking ride.

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Disagree. It happened late in the quarter and a $6B loss is probably going to mean NONE of their employees get bonuses next year. And guarantee more than just the moron who lost her job already is going to be sent out.
If people don't buy your product because you have s***ty advertisements and you fail, that's just business. No government or head honcho canceled you. I'm not arguing with you. Have a good day.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
If people don't buy your product because you have s***ty advertisements and you fail, that's just business. No government or head honcho canceled you. I'm not arguing with you. Have a good day.
True dat.

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
I agree. Nowhere did I suggest this was a Govt cancel. Just saying that A-B is going to take a hard hit in 2Q earnings on this and maybe longer and there will be many who pay the price for the stupidity they allowed to happen.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree. Nowhere did I suggest this was a Govt cancel. Just saying that A-B is going to take a hard hit in 2Q earnings on this and maybe longer and there will be many who pay the price for the stupidity they allowed to happen.
I'll drink to that....

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
widopenspaces

widopenspaces

Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2023
Wellington, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You guys are too wishy-washy, Switzerland, on the fence here! Someone please come forth with a firm position and opinion and quit beating around the bush . . . 😇

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Not even in the same ballpark as cancel culture. You say something offensive and someone cancels your show, job, etc. That's cancel culture. This is just people putting their money where their mouth is. Bud light is not being canceled at all.
Really? Their sales have dipped and have not recovered. Bud Light fell from #1 overall. You think that was by accident?

Reactions: Backwoods
onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a different take on it, what better company can afford to take a hit like BL survive and send shock waves throughout the industries to say we are starting to pay attention and we're sick of the crap.
I dont think you should look at who"afford to take a hit or not". If someone does something stupid and I disagree with it, I will boycott it....if it costs them their business...so be it. Darwinism.

advertisement
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Again, this isn't cancel culture nor boycotting. It's simply each consumer choosing to buy a different product.

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Again, this isn't cancel culture nor boycotting. It's simply each consumer choosing to buy a different product.
I dont know WTF you are trying to say so I will use the EXACT definition.

gerund or present participle: boycotting
  1. withdraw from commercial or social relations with (a country, organization, or person) as a punishment or protest.
So do you think millions just "woke" up one day and "chose" to buy a different product or do you think they chose a different product to punish A-B because of their actions. OMG....I dont think it can be anymore clear this is a boycott. Dont care if you agree with the cause or not but this is as CLEAR as it gets.

Thats is as stupid as Brandon out there touting Brandonomics and talking about wage growth meanwhile Inflation has outpaced it and you are actually worse off. Or claiming to have inflation under control because they have cut it from 8% to 4%. When it is actually STILL 2x what it was and even if at 0, that only means prices are no longer rising but Eggs/Gas, etc. are STILL higher than they were.....WAKE UP

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

1. withdraw from commercial or social relations with (a country, organization, or person) as a punishment or protest.
So do you think millions just "woke" up one day and "chose" to buy a different product or do you think they chose a different product to punish A-B because of their actions. OMG....I dont think it can be anymore clear this is a boycott. Dont care if you agree with the cause or not but this is as CLEAR as it gets.

Thats is as stupid as Brandon out there touting Brandonomics and talking about wage growth meanwhile Inflation has outpaced it and you are actually worse off. Or claiming to have inflation under control because they have cut it from 8% to 4%. When it is actually STILL 2x what it was and even if at 0, that only means prices are no longer rising but Eggs/Gas, etc. are STILL higher than they were.....WAKE UP
Be careful, Droppin Knowledge around here might get you boycotted. LOL 😎

• Love
Reactions: onecreeper
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV

My point is that boycotts are typically organized, such as when the leadership of a group (e.g., a labor union, a political action committee, or a group created for the purpose OF boycotting) calls for everyone to boycott something. They hoot and holler and demand that everyone stop patronizing a company or using a product until something is done.

For example, there is a group called "GMO Free USA". They are calling for everyone to boycott all Kellogg's products until Kellogg removes GMOs from all their products. This is an organized boycott, not simply a bunch of Frosted Flakes and Pop-Tart eaters deciding to stop buying Kellogg's products because Kellogg's uses GMOs or because Kellogg's uses a tranny to promote thier products.

So do you think millions just "woke" up one day and "chose" to buy a different product or do you think they chose a different product to punish A-B because of their actions.

That's exactly what happened. Millions of people got pissed off @ AB InBev and each one chose to not buy Bud Light. Nobody created a PAC or an organized group and demanded that people stop buying Bud Light.

It was not and is not an organized protest or boycott. It was and is individual people making individual purchasing decisions to not purchase Bud Light.

P.S. - Maybe switch to decaf. No sense in getting all worked up like that ... it's not good for your health!

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
My point is that boycotts are typically organized, such as when the leadership of a group (e.g., a labor union, a political action committee, or a group created for the purpose OF boycotting) calls for everyone to boycott something. They hoot and holler and demand that everyone stop patronizing a company or using a product until something is done.

For example, there is a group called "GMO Free USA". They are calling for everyone to boycott all Kellogg's products until Kellogg removes GMOs from all their products. This is an organized boycott, not simply a bunch of Frosted Flakes and Pop-Tart eaters deciding to stop buying Kellogg's products because Kellogg's uses GMOs or because Kellogg's uses a tranny to promote thier products.

That's exactly what happened. Millions of people got pissed off @ AB InBev and each one chose to not buy Bud Light. Nobody created a PAC or an organized group and demanded that people stop buying Bud Light.

It was not and is not an organized protest or boycott. It was and is individual people making individual purchasing decisions to not purchase Bud Light.

P.S. - Maybe switch to decaf. No sense in getting all worked up like that ... it's not good for your health!
Sorry dude...I dont need any medication advice, I work in the industry.
First, you said it wasnt a boycott. I provided the official definition that proved it was.
Second, your response was a "typically", so once again, my position was FACT based.
Third, you claimed that folks in a boycott "hoot and holler....." WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT happened on Social Media. There were many groups that called for it.

Back to the original point. You said it was NOT a boycott. I said it was and provided the FACTS to support my statement. You responded with "Typically"... dont need any word parsing as you backtrack.

Reactions: Backwoods and ODAMO
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Sorry dude...I dont need any medication advice, I work in the industry.
First, you said it wasnt a boycott. I provided the official definition that proved it was.
Second, your response was a "typically", so once again, my position was FACT based.
Third, you claimed that folks in a boycott "hoot and holler....." WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT happened on Social Media. There were many groups that called for it.

Back to the original point. You said it was NOT a boycott. I said it was and provided the FACTS to support my statement. You responded with "Typically"... dont need any word parsing as you backtrack.

Whatever helps you get through whatever it is you're going through, bro. God bless!

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Whatever helps you get through whatever it is you're going through, bro. God bless!
Nice try to deflect. Im not really going through anything. You made an incorrect statement, I simply "helped" you to understand where you were wrong and you start redefining and accuse me of having an issue. Where in the official definition does it say it must be an "organized effort of forming of a PAC" as you stated. That is YOUR definition, not THE definition.

If you polled 100 people and asked if Bud LIght has been boycotted....I think nearly all would agree they have but according to you they are all wrong also. If you just cannot admit you are wrong then no one is going to be able to help you... but then again, admitting you have an issue is the first step. You are welcome. Have a nice day.

• Love
Reactions: Backwoods and ODAMO
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
"A boycott is a collective and ORGANIZED ostracism ..."

"People were urged to boycott ..."

The union called on its members to boycott
.."

The term boycott was coined after Irish tenants followed Parnell's suggested code of contact ..."

Don't take my word for it. Take the word of the people who CREATED the word ~243 years ago.

Screenshot 20231022 173155 DuckDuckGo

Again, God bless and good luck with all you do.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!