P1000 5000lb Quadboss synthetic is up and running!

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A special thanks to forum member Delton in Winchester, TN. This morning I made the run over the mountain to his place for some assistance on the install. He's right, he has all the tools for sure and his experience on adding accessories is second to none. All I need now is to add a cable bumper/stopper and I'll be good to go. Thanks again Delton, you are an invaluable asset to this forum.

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
As I've gotten to know Delton, I've realized just what you said. He is a very valuable friend with his many talents!

Sent from my iPad 7G

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don it was a pleasure meeting you and totally enjoyed hanging out with you while playing with your rig. Not much I enjoy more than getting elbow deep in these machines or meeting new friends. One of these days we gotta get a group ride going with all the members we have in such close proximity.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not long after you left the bottom fell out and it came a downpour. Daughter and I put on shorts and loaded up to go ride in the rain. We were having a great time sliding in the mud until the first lightning strike only a few yards away. I think we set some kinda speed record running up that rock hill lol. I don't play around with lightning at all.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
[QUO"Delton, post: 68668, member: 3600"]Not long after you left the bottom fell out and it came a downpour. Daughter and I put on shorts and loaded up to go ride in the rain. We were having a great time sliding in the mud until the first lightning strike only a few yards away. I think we set some kinda speed record running up that rock hill lol. I don't play around with lightning at all.[/QUOTE]
Not worth playing with it lightning.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don it was a pleasure meeting you and totally enjoyed hanging out with you while playing with your rig. Not much I enjoy more than getting elbow deep in these machines or meeting new friends. One of these days we gotta get a group ride going with all the members we have in such close proximity.
Yep, we need

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You need to come down and let me and @joeymt33 introduce you to "the mud holes". Guaranteed you'll get to find out what that Quadboss is made of lmao.

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You need to come down and let me and @joeymt33 introduce you to "the mud holes". Guaranteed you'll get to find out what that Quadboss is made of lmao.

You got that right! Dayum, That's a bad hole! It actually stalled a 4500lb winch that was doubled with a snatch block.

I'm thinking I should try it next time... :). I better get some Mudtanes first instead of these roctanes.

Sent from my iPad 7G

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You got that right! Dayum, That's a bad hole! It actually stalled a 4500lb winch that was doubled with a snatch block.

I'm thinking I should try it next time... :). I better get some Mudtanes first instead of these roctanes.

Sent from my iPad 7G
As long as one of us is on Terra firma we should be good lol. I've been wondering how strong that Strongmade bumper is and how well a bumper mounted winch will work. I'm down for another run at it lol.
You should've seen that rock hill today man. It had a small river running down it with all the rain. And that Nissan broke down on side of the trail? Some idiots rolled it on its side and set fire to it. Friggin rednecks sometimes sheesh.

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On a side note, anyone looking for a winch that's new to them, the Quadboss is the most "plug n play" winch I've ever seen. Connect the big cables (all color coded) and there's only one wire to splice (the red that goes to a switched 12v). You couldn't screw up this install if you tried lol. Plus it's rated at 500 more lbs than my Superwinch.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Delton, on an unrelated note, I would like to buy the piece that goes under the seat to reduce the heat transfer to the driver. I've left messages for the fella but he doesn't answer. Maybe I've got the wrong guy.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Delton, on an unrelated note, I would like to buy the piece that goes under the seat to reduce the heat transfer to the driver. I've left messages for the fella but he doesn't answer. Maybe I've got the wrong guy.
On this forum his username is bayouownbeer or something to that effect. On FB it's RossandMathilda Ross if I'm not mistaken. Try either of those and if it doesn't work holler at me

Reactions: drfubar
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Soon as I round up some sheet metal I'm gonna make some slip in inserts for underneath the seat. Then I'll apply some sticky sided heat insulation to the inserts. I think that will pretty much totally eliminate any heat problems for the bottom seat itself. And it'll provide a little extra underseat storage which is always a good thing. Plus I get to play with my sheet metal shears and welder. Always looking for a reason to play with my toys lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!