P700 Access after installing heat shield

t-harrell

t-harrell

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2023
Moore, OK
Ownership

1. 700-4
Newb here and looking to do some things to my new to me 2016 700-4. I've been looking at the prefabbed heat shield kits that are available for under the front bench seat. From what I understand, these have double sided tape and stick to the area under the seat. My question is, how do you get access the dipstick and oil fill? I know you could just lift the shield up and get access, but the more you do this the less sticky it will become. I have not seen any of these kits in person, just online, so curious about this. Thanks!

Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Newb here and looking to do some things to my new to me 2016 700-4. I've been looking at the prefabbed heat shield kits that are available for under the front bench seat. From what I understand, these have double sided tape and stick to the area under the seat. My question is, how do you get access the dipstick and oil fill? I know you could just lift the shield up and get access, but the more you do this the less sticky it will become. I have not seen any of these kits in person, just online, so curious about this. Thanks!
Look into getting a trigger shield and be done. It will work better . Search these forums. Oh you will be hearing from a forum member named Remington soon with a public service announcement :):):)

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Newb here and looking to do some things to my new to me 2016 700-4.
Remington soon with a public service announcement :):):)
Welcome from radical leftist Run Michigan!
Like said above, when you first post there is Rule #4 so we dont assume your a Poo Poo Fire Trap infiltrator and thats pics as in….
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!
Of your rig!

😂🤣

t-harrell

t-harrell

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2023
Moore, OK
Ownership

1. 700-4
Here’s the only pic I have. The seller deleted the ad, but I got this pic from the messenger conversation. I’ve already taken it down to the river where we have a seasonal camp site. Won’t be able to get better pics until we go back down in a couple of weeks 298b3d7b308545ec735c494ef95c6507

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement