Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Great little add-on,so i decided to buy one today..now i have to get my arse in gear and start buying some accessories..
So is 3 accessories the max we can use with this Sub-Harness.....

View attachment 123086

4 hots and 2 grounds are supplied with this harness.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Yup, but don't forget there is a 15 amp fuse supplying that harness. 15 amps x 12 volts = 180 watts max total for that harness.
Yep, those sub harness wire gauges are small, but if something with more amp draw guess they could always power a relay.

Reactions: lee
C

Chuckie3

Sep 17, 2018
New Fairfield ct
Ownership

1. 500
So as long as I don’t exceed 180 watts with everything on I’m ok? I have the wench and the light bar that’s it

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
180 watts is about 15 amps. A winch can pull up to 400 or 500 amps, depending on size and load on it. Like @Mudder mentioned above, you can use the sub harness to power a relay to operate the winch, but the main winch power must come directly from the battery, via #8 or larger wire, ideally. If you use booster cable wire to run from the battery to the winch relay, make sure it's pure copper, as some are copper coated aluminum and will corrode quickly. Also, you just need to run one cable to the battery, the positive. The winch negative wire can just be screwed to the frame where convenient.

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
So as long as I don’t exceed 180 watts with everything on I’m ok? I have the wench and the light bar that’s it
You do have a separate heavy wire from the battery to the winch? I used 6 ga. Wire.

Reactions: 70Bones
C

Chuckie3

Sep 17, 2018
New Fairfield ct
Ownership

1. 500
When I bought the p/5 the dealer installed the wench and sub harness so I’ll check and see how they did it

advertisement
C

Chooglin

When I bought the p/5 the dealer installed the wench and sub harness so I’ll check and see how they did it
The wires from sub- harness that are used for the winch, just goes to the switch to trigger the winch contactor. You should be fine as far as the winch goes, if the dealer did the install.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Honda OEM part number
PART # - 08Z08-HL5-A00

Sub harness

Always saw this and wondered what am I getting exactly.
Under the blue tape are bullet wire connectors.
I only unwrapped the green leg, it’s the one I will use first for the winch.
It’s just one wire for the solenoid control hot.

1128F684 A0EA 4128 88AE 1EEC862B4CBD

BURNDOG

BURNDOG

Sep 4, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. 500
Read through that thread! That’s what scares me is a fire! I don’t want my P5 to turn into a Polaris fire hazard! I wish the head lights were brighter! I really just want to add a small led light to the rear. I wonder if anyone has replaced the headlight bulbs with a better bulb?
Order some 881 LEDs from eBay or amazon. Very simple plug and play.Understand they are just headlights and won’t light up like a light bar but they are a huge improvement. This was my first upgrade and well worth it.
99452902 48DA 4EDF 9AAC 2607F10E1875

duhmojo

duhmojo

Jun 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi guys. I picked up my wiring harness today and I want to wire up my winch this weekend without having to splice the ignition line. My harness is different than the diagrams and pic that @lee posted.

My green wire bundle has a green and black/white wire. From the wiring diagrams posted and the pic @lee posted it should be a single green wire. The yellow and white bundles look like that contain only 1 wire, the green and red bundles look like they have 2 connectors.

Has Honda replaced the wiring arrangement? Am I dumb and not noticing something?

Basically should I still use the green wire bundle for the winch? Or should I switch to the yellow bundle?

If it helps, the part # on my harness is 08Z08-HL5-A001 (note the 1). I can't find any info on the difference with a non-1 part.

Thanks!

IMG 2935

Last edited:
onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Read through that thread! That’s what scares me is a fire! I don’t want my P5 to turn into a Polaris fire hazard! I wish the head lights were brighter! I really just want to add a small led light to the rear. I wonder if anyone has replaced the headlight bulbs with a better bulb?
Yes, I got the $40 bulbs from Amazon...it took longer to unwrap them and look at the back of the headlight socket than to install...15 minutes total....a world of difference. Wondering now if I even need a front lightbar.

Reactions: BB3344 and Mudder
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!