P1000 Answer to Dust!

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This just might be the answer to a big part of out dusting problems. I was at my local dealer getting the Cabin Comfort installed and while talking to the manager about what a PITA the dust problem is in the P1K5's he said a local upholstery guy has been making up rear door seals...$60 for the pair and you need about 20 push pins. They look a lot better in person than they do in the photo too.

I took the gamble and bought a pair, installed this morning and WOW, with the full windshield closed and the rear window down and zipped there has so far been a HUGE improvement, with dust reduces to nearly zero...NO SH!T.

Obviously more time will tell if sealing the rear doors makes that much difference, but for now it's looking good.

Frigg'n Honda should have had all this straightened out before the dang release of this rig, so we weren't cobble'n crap to together to avoid getting silicosis breathing all this dust.

20171019 143704
20171019 143718

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dunno man...I just got back from a trash run, 1 mile down the dusty road to the dumpster and the dust reduction was immense. Just a little bit and it wasn't anything to get excited about.

I'm a bit surprised no one has seen this fix before...

V

vogel3d

Oct 2, 2017
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been trying weatherstripping but it keeps peeling off. Would be interested in purchasing a set if he would ship I'd definitely buy.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm sure they'd ship, don't see why not. Call Ron's Sporting Goods in Cedar City Utah and talk to the service manager. Just Google the PH #. You do need about 20 standard push pins though and drill holes in the doors for them.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like garage door seal?

Ha! That's exactly what the material is! This upholstery guy takes two strips of seal and sews a wad of some kind or foam in the center, trims it out and leaves a single layer on the ends. If you have a good heavy duty sewing machine, they could easly be made at home.

So far, sealing the rear doors has been amazing at keeping the dust at bay. Now with the comfort kit, 2017 air diverter in front, the zippered rear window, the dust is FINALLY tolerable.

Freaking HONDA! TAKE NOTE if you read forums...seal the dang cabin doors up on these rigs, or at least make a retro kit for the rest of us.

advertisement
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I noticed that a lot of dust does come from under the doors.

You should tell him about this forum and have him contact HondaSxS about advertising his product or becoming a sponsor. I bet he would sell 20-30 of them.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!