sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I live in Canada, specifically Nova Scotia. I am looking for a 1000-5 Deluxe. If I go to the US and pick it up, it is about $2k cheaper for the Deluxe or about $4k less for the LE. (they want $22,500 USD delivered for a Deluxe here).
  1. Is the warranty still valid?
  2. Do I have to pay duty when I cross the border? Or is enough of it made in the US to qualify as duty-free?
  3. I assume I would just pay the HST when I register it?
  4. Are dealerships in the US dealing, or just charging straight up MSRP like up here?
Thanks,
~Shea M

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nowhere near the Canadian border- Nevada. Our dealers here are charging MSRP + destination fee $600 or thereabouts. I saw one dealer back east asking a couple of thou' more than MSRP+. With low stock and people waiting, it's a seller's market like none other I've ever seen in my 3/4 of a century on the planet.

Sorry, can't speak to your Canadian centric questions.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I live in Canada, specifically Nova Scotia. I am looking for a 1000-5 Deluxe. If I go to the US and pick it up, it is about $2k cheaper for the Deluxe or about $4k less for the LE. (they want $22,500 USD delivered for a Deluxe here).
  1. Is the warranty still valid?
  2. Do I have to pay duty when I cross the border? Or is enough of it made in the US to qualify as duty-free?
  3. I assume I would just pay the HST when I register it?
  4. Are dealerships in the US dealing, or just charging straight up MSRP like up here?
Thanks,
~Shea M
Yes to all!

R

rickoshea

i'd double check on the warranty.i almost bought a boat a few years ago from a dealer in seattle but yamaha wouldn't warranty their motor but alumacraft would warranty the hull.i'd go to the source ie:NOT the dealer/salesman.the salesman told me it all would be covered,yamaha said nope.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
No dealers are "dealing", as most incoming machines have deposits on them, there a line of people waiting to put deposits on them as the dealer orders them, and any that just show up at a dealer "no deposits, no backlog of names) usually don't last 48 hours before they are sold. Most dealers are charging MSRP, $895 destination/delivery, $400+ for dealer prep, and $200+ for doc fees. I've likely called 50+ in the last couple of weeks. Most laugh when I ask about any 1000-5 units in stock OR due in that are not already under deposit.

Reactions: ChadD