P1000 Any south florida/ florida riders?

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I'm in. I'll be at the trailhead around 10. Wanted to join the Perry ride, but ended up working all weekend. I've got the trails mapped out on my GPS now too. Should be a good little loop.

Holy smokes he lives, no craiglist deals have gone bad. Looking forward to this weekend I have a bluetooth GPS booster from Garmin on order for Apalachicola my 8in tablet didn't work to well ride command kept freezing Saturday.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm working on a post for Facebook and giving everyone recoup time from take over. I will have it posted tomorrow. Basically what to expect, what to bring etc.
We're heading to Fat Daddys the weekend of May 17th I think if anybody wants to join. I think they are talking about it on PhukDup ATV page on facebook. It will be our first time there, and more than likely our last ride of the season, then we'll be on the boat. Maaaaybe a ride sprinkled here and there during the hot summer.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
We're heading to Fat Daddys the weekend of May 17th I think if anybody wants to join. I think they are talking about it on PhukDup ATV page on facebook. It will be our first time there, and more than likely our last ride of the season, then we'll be on the boat. Maaaaybe a ride sprinkled here and there during the hot summer.

I will look up Fat Daddys, the wife posted on Facebook a ride in Jena Florida either May 25th or June 1st.

Reactions: Bastardchild
dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Tore apart you say @russknight? Me too but I'll be there....

If not UPS man gonna get a ration.

46A6E1EE 4C56 46F7 8770 DCE16A582791

Reactions: russknight
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I met up with @Brett002 and @russknight for a great day of riding my Honda is still in the shop I borrowed a Ranger 1000. I'm going to be honest I didn't have high hopes of lasting all day the Ranger was loaned to me with 3 axles and one of which was popping and making crunching sounds. We rode for 10 hours we went north to Lamont for BBQ that could win a contest and west to Hickory mound with stops in between If I had to guess we rode 150 miles. The Ranger brought me back to the trailer popping axle and all. I would be fibbing if I didn't say the suspension, the lack of heat and the power didn't spoil me a little. It was a great day and Russ we didn't get rained on you turned back too soon.

Reactions: russknight
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Had a good ride in the Forest this weekend fellas! Can't wait to get back!

View attachment 127724

@Average_Joe I will be renting my helmet out. (Cause your a fellow Honda owner you'll get good rates!)

That was a great ride until the end but the honda can be fixed or replaced and bones can heal.

advertisement
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I met up with @Brett002 and @russknight for a great day of riding my Honda is still in the shop I borrowed a Ranger 1000. I'm going to be honest I didn't have high hopes of lasting all day the Ranger was loaned to me with 3 axles and one of which was popping and making crunching sounds. We rode for 10 hours we went north to Lamont for BBQ that could win a contest and west to Hickory mound with stops in between If I had to guess we rode 150 miles. The Ranger brought me back to the trailer popping axle and all. I would be fibbing if I didn't say the suspension, the lack of heat and the power didn't spoil me a little. It was a great day and Russ we didn't get rained on you turned back too soon.

My rear end told me it was time to go home. I'm glad y'all made it without getting wet, and that BBQ was the best I've ever had.

Reactions: knuckledeep
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Dang!! I know this has been dead for over a year but I was just wondering if any of y'all still ride up in the area. Im going camping/scouting trails in a cpl weeks. I know its hotter then he'll right now but if anyone is up for a ride in the near future I'd b interested. Never been riding up in North FL. I'm in W.P.B so its about a 4 hr ride for me.

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Dang!! I know this has been dead for over a year but I was just wondering if any of y'all still ride up in the area. Im going camping/scouting trails in a cpl weeks. I know its hotter then he'll right now but if anyone is up for a ride in the near future I'd b interested. Never been riding up in North FL. I'm in W.P.B so its about a 4 hr ride for me.

@JenElio We ride all the time up around my neck... @Average_Joe is supposed to have his back this weekend, and we were gonna go ride. Your always welcome to tag along! The more honda's the merrier!

Reactions: JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@JenElio We ride all the time up around my neck... @Average_Joe is supposed to have his back this weekend, and we were gonna go ride. Your always welcome to tag along! The more honda's the merrier!
Awesome! I appreciate it!! I'll look at my schedule and try to plan something soon.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Where abouts would b a good place up there so I can tell the wife to search for a place to spend the night?

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
There are a few state forests up my way that have miles and miles of real trails. I suggest getting a map! The Apalachicola is the closest to me while the Osceola is only about 1 1/2 hrs away +/-. Haven't went to the Osceola yet. Have some buddies that ride in there, maybe I could get them to join. There is mallory swamp that I have been wanting to try out as well. It's only open during non-hunting. I'm in the "arm pit" of Florida and while we have tons of hunting clubs around that are off limits, there are dirt roads that access them all and I can ride all day right here around the house. We can see the coast, we can ride the sides of rivers. Maybe @Average_Joe will chime in and verify my claims... LOL! Let me know what you all are down for and I'll make plans accordingly... I'll try and round us all up gain and we'll make a group ride out of it.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
There are a few state forests up my way that have miles and miles of real trails. I suggest getting a map! The Apalachicola is the closest to me while the Osceola is only about 1 1/2 hrs away +/-. Haven't went to the Osceola yet. Have some buddies that ride in there, maybe I could get them to join. There is mallory swamp that I have been wanting to try out as well. It's only open during non-hunting. I'm in the "arm pit" of Florida and while we have tons of hunting clubs around that are off limits, there are dirt roads that access them all and I can ride all day right here around the house. We can see the coast, we can ride the sides of rivers. Maybe @Average_Joe will chime in and verify my claims... LOL! Let me know what you all are down for and I'll make plans accordingly... I'll try and round us all up gain and we'll make a group ride out of it.
That sounds good. If you guys ok with me and the family tagging along I'm down for any kind of riding. My rig is pretty much stock but what ever it can make it through I'll put it through. Anywhere up there will be at least 4 hrs from me so I just need to know of a place/town near by so I can book a room for a night, or camp. We're headed to Ocala in 2 weeks so any date after that im good with also. It'd be nice if we made it a group ride for sure.

Last edited:
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
That sounds good. If you guys ok with me and the family tagging along I'm down for any kind of riding. My rig is pretty much stock but what ever it can make it through I'll put it through. Anywhere up there will be at least 4 hrs from me so I just need to know of a place/town near by so I can book a room for a night, or camp. We're headed to Ocala in 2 weeks so any date after that im good with also. It'd be nice if we made it a group ride for sure.

My weekends are open until the 24/25th of July if we dont go back on full lock down ill be at the hardrock in Daytona. Let us know what works for you I will warn you though when me and Brett go out we average 100miles unless we go to Apalachicola thats more 25/30 miles. But there is a bunch of stuff to see and we enjoy the riding. We go to creeks, springs, levees in the ocean, shired island beach to name a few.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

Look for hotels in Perry Florida there is a couple there also a KOA with cabins that can be rented. It's usually just me and the wife, bring your family and if it's only me and the wife i can haul your fuel, cooler or anything else you need in my bed i have a 1000-5.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Look for hotels in Perry Florida there is a couple there also a KOA with cabins that can be rented. It's usually just me and the wife, bring your family and if it's only me and the wife i can haul your fuel, cooler or anything else you need in my bed i have a 1000-5.
Awesome! Thanks!! Well I spoke with the wife last night and she threw out the idea of leaving the kids with Grandma for that weekend so that'd be even better I'm okay with a hundred plus miles man that sounds great. We're going camping in Ocala 9-12th so any time after that im good

Last edited:
Reactions: Average_Joe
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!