Are you going to cut back on travel due to high gas prices and inflation?

Are you going to cut back on travel due to high gas prices and inflation?

• Yes

• No

• Not if it gets any higher

• Keeping already planned trips but that's it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
EDIT: 3rd option should be..... "ONLY if it gets any higher." It won't let me edit now that some votes are in...🤦‍♂️

Just wondering how much everyone is willing to put up with. What gas prices would stop your plans? Thanks for playing!

Last edited:
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
We are cutting back on the frequency of trips to town. And making sure we plan ahead for shopping so we do not have to make as many trips. Some weeks it works well and some weeks it doesn't. Also utilizing grocery delivery services when available.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Spent my life saving for retirement (but living along the way) and I already lost 2020 to Covid - so I'll be traveling as much this year as last. It's going to cost a s*** tonne more though. 😢 Thanks Xiden voters. :mad:

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yep, no choice here. Had no vacation last year. Was planning an out west hunt this fall but with so many things so much more expensive it's going to be difficult. Already cancelling my cable service. Bought 10 cans of sardines the other day. Considering selling my truck, since I can't afford to put gas in it anyway. Selling the Pioneer has crossed my mind too but man that would suck....

Going to have to live cheap for the foreseeable future...

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yep, no choice here. Had no vacation last year. Was planning an out west hunt this fall but with so many things so much more expensive it's going to be difficult. Already cancelling my cable service. Bought 10 cans of sardines the other day. Considering selling my truck, since I can't afford to put gas in it anyway. Selling the Pioneer has crossed my mind too but man that would suck....

Going to have to live cheap for the foreseeable future...
Don't sell your Honda! I have 2 of them I'd love to get back if I could!

advertisement
Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a lakefront home in Northern Michigan in early 2021 with hundreds of miles of state trails a half mile away. We spent five weeks camping out west in Aug/Sept 2021 on a trip planned the year before (2020). I had to pay an extra $650 in Biden fuel hikes as it was as compared to the 2020 Trump summer gas prices. I sold the camper in October. No traveling this year.

I moved to a great playland area so travel expenses have been greatly reduced. The Pioneer will stay full and be used plenty. My gas will get me to church, kids taekwondo lessons and trails. My new Pure Michigan travel ad reads, "Skip the Trip!"

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought a lakefront home in Northern Michigan in early 2021 with hundreds of miles of state trails a half mile away. We spent five weeks camping out west in Aug/Sept 2021 on a trip planned the year before (2020). I had to pay an extra $650 in Biden fuel hikes as it was as compared to the 2020 Trump summer gas prices. I sold the camper in October. No traveling this year.

I moved to a great playland area so travel expenses have been greatly reduced. The Pioneer will stay full and be used plenty. My gas will get me to church, kids taekwondo lessons and trails. My new Pure Michigan travel ad reads, "Skip the Trip!"
Been trying to do the same but #killinois still has it's claws in too deep so far.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
EDIT: 3rd option should be..... "ONLY if it gets any higher." It won't let me edit now that some votes are in...🤦‍♂️

Just wondering how much everyone is willing to put up with. What gas prices would stop your plans? Thanks for playing!
I'm not going to let these cocksuckers change my ways f*** em. Business as usual for us it just cost more. Hopefully the fuel cost drive the high cost of trucks and toys down and I can buy some more.

B

Boundertom

Dec 12, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I'm not going to let these cocksuckers change my ways f*** em. Business as usual for us it just cost more. Hopefully the fuel cost drive the high cost of trucks and toys down and I can buy some more.
I am with you. FJB Our travels are in a diesel pusher motor home, always towing something. Average about 6.5 mpg. 😪 We have a 800 mile trip planned for April, a 3600 mile trip in June, and a 1000 mile trip planned for August. FJB I will be pi$$ed every time I fill up, but we are going. We aren't getting any younger and we can't take it with us. FJB MAYBE the campgrounds will be less crowded. 🤷‍♂️

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Been trying to do the same but #killinois still has it's claws in too deep so far.
It's a shame. Illinois is similar to PA. Most of the people in the state are outside of the cities - farms, rural areas, etc. Unfortunately Philly and Pittsburgh have more influence than the rural areas. Much like Illinois having to deal with Chicago politics controlling so much. Southern Illinois is nothing like northern Illinois!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Don't sell your Honda! I have 2 of them I'd love to get back if I could!
Man if I listed all the Hondas I sold that I want back it would be quite a list! I recently acquired an 02 Recon that is in great shape. Fun little wheeler.... if I didn't have so much work for the Pioneer I could prob get by with the Recon for a while

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
It's a shame. Illinois is similar to PA. Most of the people in the state are outside of the cities - farms, rural areas, etc. Unfortunately Philly and Pittsburgh have more influence than the rural areas. Much like Illinois having to deal with Chicago politics controlling so much. Southern Illinois is nothing like northern Illinois!
Same here, Kalirado is controlled by the Denver metro communist MFers. :mad:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’m not going to let them ass holes effect us in our adventures. Been planning this year for far too long and the family is ready. Working hard to pay off bills so hopefully doesn’t effect us too much. You only get one chance at life, gotta use it.
If gotta do a little extra work each month to afford it I’ll do it. Ain’t afraid of making things happen. I’d love for Brandon to visit us in the woods of Idaho this summer🤣

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!