P1000 Bed extender

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Watching the video, it appears to fold up against the tailgate small enough to use the back seats.

I like the design of this, and the Seizmik, but I use my machine to haul firewood from the woodpile to the house. A folded up bed extender contraption would get in the way and cause much profanity.
I'm on the fence with a fold up for the same reason.
In the mean time, I'm using a nylon truck tailgate (the webbing kind) as a substitute.
You have to make sure things are tied in, but it works.
And when I am done, it clips off in seconds.

Reactions: Smitty335
Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@sdelam
@Seadonist

Do you think a tailgate stiffener will work with the rough country bed extender?

How easily is the extender removed if I choose to only use it on trails and store it at home?

The stiffener might work with extended bolts. As far as removing it and reinstalling it, I don’t think that you would want to deal with all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

ADVBUM

Dec 10, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have it down to the seizmik or the Rough Country. The seizmik looks to be heavier duty. The RC seems to fold up nicer. Both will fold down out of the way when dumping the bed. Any real world experience with the two to help make a decision? TY

Last edited:
Bandman

Bandman

Jul 17, 2021
Hayden Lake, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was all set on the Seizmek bed extender until I read it didn’t work with the 2022 models.

Just seen an add for a new Rough Country bed extender and it seems to be just what I’m looking for. Anyone have one yet?

I bought the Siezmik for my 2022 1000/5 Forest and it fits and I‘m really glad I did. It’s strong and is flexible in its application.

Reactions: ADVBUM
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have it down to the seizmik or the Rough Country. The seizmik looks to be heavier duty. The RC seems to fold up nicer. Both will fold down out of the way when dumping the bed. Any real world experience with the two to help make a decision? TY
I enjoy my Rough Country Bed Extender. The price was nice.

We used it once on our last trip to Drummond Michigan and banged it around all week on the trails. My plan is to use it when passenger space is needed on the trails. At home I prefer a flat bed. That is why I created the tailgate mod I did.

Reactions: trigger
kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the seizmik. It will allow small objects to slide out below the rear bars. But for strength and endurance it has been really good. I would get it again. It’s on my 2022 P5.

I do like the containment potential with the rough country in comparison. I have no real world experience with it. Just depends on what you plan to haul. Best of luck with your purchase.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had the rough country for about a year now, have rode some trails with it and bounced it around pretty good. I found the side supports (that attach to the cable points) can bounce around enough to pop loose. I put some big reusable cable ties on it (rubber coated copper wire things) and it held better.

Honestly I bought this to haul goose decoys and don't really need it since moving to Florida. I took the folding parts off (2 bolts) since I only use it for a small cooler its over kill size wise.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!