P500 Best armor/windshield/roof

284magnum

Oct 18, 2021
Washington
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
So I’m going to order A arm guards/skid plates from the stealership tomorrow. They told me they would give me 20% off accessories when I bought it from them. Also going to get the hard windshield and a roof. Is there anything I’m missing out on when it comes to skid plates and stuff that’s aftermarket and not from Honda?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So I’m going to order A arm guards/skid plates from the stealership tomorrow. They told me they would give me 20% off accessories when I bought it from them. Also going to get the hard windshield and a roof. Is there anything I’m missing out on when it comes to skid plates and stuff that’s aftermarket and not from Honda?
I'd skip the A-arm guards, I hated stoping trail side and digging the mud out, to keep from damaging boots. But that's just me.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

It's personal preference for the most part and most Honda OEM stuff is expensive. Personally I liked the Strong Made stick stoppers better than the Honda ones. I believe the Honda skid plates are aluminum? UMHW is much better material IMO. The hard coat has been a good windshield for me but I only use it for plowing in the winter. If using it yr round, consider the SuperATV flip up or just go glass. The Honda hard roof is rock solid, you can't go wrong with that one.

284magnum

Oct 18, 2021
Washington
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Smart on the A arm protectors and mud. I honestly probably won’t need them but thought why not. Mostly going to take on gated off gravel roads and probably some mild trails.

I didn’t see any good glass windshields for it really online. The one I did see had a few bad reviews about the glass cracking with the metal

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
I guess I’m trying to see who makes a really good fitting, UMHW skid plate for it? SSS I see has one… 900 bucks though
I have the SSS with the rock sliders and like it so far. It is a pain to wash all the mud out. It wasn't $900 when I bought it though.
Welcome to the club from East Tennessee.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Smart on the A arm protectors and mud. I honestly probably won’t need them but thought why not. Mostly going to take on gated off gravel roads and probably some mild trails.

I didn’t see any good glass windshields for it really online. The one I did see had a few bad reviews about the glass cracking with the metal
I got my center skids from Universal Products Inc on eBay back in 2018 they are 3 piece 3/8" UHMW running down the center added Ricochet aluminum rock sliders on each side as well as Ricochet A-arm cover guards.
My second windshield (Glass) was from sXswindshields (which I believe is owned by the same family (father/son) as UTV801) and has been on since February of 2019, 3-1/2 years and no cracking.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!