drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Made a run to the store today. Came back with a couple samples. Who else is a bourbon / whiskey taster?
20181220 1455501
20181220 1426491

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
To add a bit here, the Redemption is a throwback to pre-prohibition distilling. The taste is similar to (though no where near as smooth as) the remains of a bottle of the last production bottling of Old Cascade before prohibition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
To add a bit here, the Redemption is a throwback to pre-prohibition distilling. The taste is similar to (though no where near as smooth as) the remains of a bottle of the last production bottling of Old Cascade before prohibition.

That's exactly what the Forester 1920 is only at 115 proof. As smooth a 115 as I've ever had at twice the price.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I think you will be surprised by the quality of the Redemption bourbon then. It runs about $33 a bottle here.

For bourbon fans, I suggest you get on Keith’s boozeletter here. Southern Spirits – Charlotte's Best Beer, Wine & Liquor Store

I am lucky enough to work about 25 minutes from his store and got a bottle of Angels Envy at the annual booze lottery. Keith has a unique perspective on booze and will gladly point you to something tasty over the “in thing”

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not a huge Woodford fan (gorgeous property though), but this was a neat graduation gift from a UK student a few years back. It's definitely a part of pop-culture down there now.

I don't drink as much now as I used to, but when I do I tend to gravitate back to a bottle of the good stuff that I started on: Jim Beam. :D

If I'm feeling fancy maybe some Bulleit or Buffalo Trace.

If I'm feeling fancy AND lucky I find a bottle of Eagle Rare. That's hard to come by around here though.

IMG 20181221 083035073

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not a huge Woodford fan (gorgeous property though), but this was a neat graduation gift from a UK student a few years back. It's definitely a part of pop-culture down there now.

I don't drink as much now as I used to, but when I do I tend to gravitate back to a bottle of the good stuff that I started on: Jim Beam. :D

If I'm feeling fancy maybe some Bulleit or Buffalo Trace.

If I'm feeling fancy AND lucky I find a bottle of Eagle Rare. That's hard to come by around here though.

View attachment 98344
Woodford Reserve Double Oak is pretty good.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Those look impressive and should help you get a nap later today, :)

Reactions: drfubar
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Got me some! Thanks @elkaholic for the suggestion. Trying some tonight View attachment 98626

You will like them. I have an extensive bourbon bar (20+ bottles) and I drank my Redemption in three weeks.

I have a standing bounty on a bottle of Elmer T Lee. Slowly nursing a bottle of that

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You will like them. I have an extensive bourbon bar (20+ bottles) and I drank my Redemption in three weeks.

I have a standing bounty on a bottle of Elmer T Lee. Slowly nursing a bottle of that

Dam right? That’s some smooth stuff. Dosnt evaporate quickly when u drink it. Good stuff cheers!

Reactions: sharp and elkaholic
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!