Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I don't have any pics (not sure if there will be any), but my buddy who just picked up a brand new 2021 1000-5 Deluxe ~2 weeks ago ... lost it in a fire. Gone. I doubt it had more than 10 miles on it. Lots of other stuff lost, too, including a newer Yamaha jet boat, Grizzly 700 ATV and plenty of outdoor stuff. Insurance will make them (mostly) whole on the bigger items, but not sure about the other stuff.

I'm still in shock. I never even got to see his Pioneer. Guess they probably won't be making it to the TO with us this year.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I don't have any pics (not sure if there will be any), but my buddy who just picked up a brand new 2021 1000-5 Deluxe ~2 weeks ago ... lost it in a fire. Gone. I doubt it had more than 10 miles on it. Lots of other stuff lost, too, including a newer Yamaha jet boat, Grizzly 700 ATV and plenty of outdoor stuff. Insurance will make them (mostly) whole on the bigger items, but not sure about the other stuff.

I'm still in shock. I never even got to see his Pioneer. Guess they probably won't be making it to the TO with us this year.
Wow thats a tough one for sure. It bugs me to hear of people losing stuff like this in a fire. Lost some stuff years ago that was stored in my Moms garage , total loss . So I can relate somewhat .

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
What was the cause? A house fire that engulfed vehicles in the garage or did the Pioneer or other UTV/ATV catch fire and spread/
Investigation still pending (fire personnel were on-scene at ~1100 hours today and cleared from the scene at ~1300 hours).

It was not at a house. It was at a commercial facility that was used for storage as well as a section rented out to a tenant.

C

coleman4868

Wow! Sorry to hear that.

advertisement
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Resized 20220316 173316
Resized 20220316 125125

Apparently, this red one wasn't fast enough to avoid the fire ... ☹️

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It looks like the fire started deeper into the garage towards the front end of that mid 1960s looking Ford Galaxie. That would be to the front and left side of the Pioneer as it sits in the picture. I say that with the assumption none of the debris in the fire was moved by the fire department during their suppression efforts and only having two pictures to go by. The Pioneer was not the cause of that fire from the looks of it.

All that said, I could be wrong since I did not personally look at the fire scene. It seems odd too, that a fire investigator(s) would only spend two hours at the scene (unless they are returning at a later time).

Note: I did this for a living with the state police.

Last edited:
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It looks like the fire started deeper into the garage towards the front end of that mid 1960s looking Ford Galaxie. That would be to the front and left side of the Pioneer as it sits in the picture. I say that with the assumption none of the debris in the fire was moved by the fire department during their suppression efforts and only having two pictures to go by. The Pioneer was not the cause of that fire from the looks of it.

All that said, I could be wrong since I did not personally look at the fire scene. It seems odd too, that a fire investigator(s) would only spend two hours at the scene (unless they are returning at a later time).

Note: I did this for a living with the state police.
I'm sorry for your loss, you probably waited forever for your ride to arrive, And then its gone
That was some pretty intense heat to consume the rims! The Spray booth looks suspect

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm sorry for your loss, you probably waited forever for your ride to arrive, And then its gone
That was some pretty intense heat to consume the rims! The Spray booth looks suspect
It's not mine. I was just making an assessment based on two pics @Scoop provided. I would agree though that it started back there at/beyond those doors. Additional pics may alter that assessment.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
To be perfectly honest . Those pics are tough to see and look at. Sorry for the loss of everything . Only good part is that no lives were lost.

Last edited:
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
A sad situation. Fortunately, not a residence and no loss of life.

I hope the owner had those items insured.. It's a heavy financial loss with a large fiberglass ski boat, the '65 Ford Galaxy, and the new Pioneer.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!