Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you in FL? If so, I would go to a place like Royal Blue if I was going to drive that far.

However, come up and join us anytime if you like.
I didn't even think to look at where you're at. Heck yeah go to Royal Blue. Closer to you and its an awesome place. You can ride all day long and never cross your own tracks.

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll go sometime, during the week works best for me.
Say the word man. I'm off Mon thru Thurs but I do have to work an extra day sometimes (here lately it's been Thurs). Text me at 931-691-7359 and give me a day that works for you.

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Say the word man. I'm off Mon thru Thurs but I do have to work an extra day sometimes (here lately it's been Thurs). Text me at 931-691-7359 and give me a day that works for you.

If y'all set it up, I'll try my best to attend.

Reactions: sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool I'll let you know!

Only1PB

Only1PB

Apr 26, 2016
FL
Are you in FL? If so, I would go to a place like Royal Blue if I was going to drive that far.

However, come up and join us anytime if you like.

Yea in Pensacola, thinking about going to Hatfield McCoy next June for my wife and I 15 yr anniversary. ...been to Brimstone ....definitely a good time.

Only1PB

Only1PB

Apr 26, 2016
FL
Yea in Pensacola, thinking about going to Hatfield McCoy next June for my wife and I 15 yr anniversary. ...been to Brimstone ....definitely a good time.

I'm always armed....no worries there.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If y'all set it up, I'll try my best to attend.
Now we just gotta get 500, PioneerPete, Marine660, and Drfubar on board and we will have a mini Takeover going lol. Sorry if I missed anyone close by, I just woke up for work like 30 mins ago. Brain isn't working yet

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Our last 2 anniversaries were spent at Royal Blue. Nothing says I still love you like tromping through the mud lol.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Sure it's open to the public and parking is free. Bull Run refers mainly to the section in AL and Iron Gap is what we call the part in TN (although I don't think there are actual borders lol). Joey can give you the address to where he parks on the AL side. My spot is on Keith Springs mtn in TN. It's rouvhly an hour south of Chattanooga. I've never camped there but there are plenty of good spots. Just my personal preference, but I wouldn't do it unarmed. Not that I've heard of trouble or anything but come on....we're talking bout middle of nowhere TN/AL mountain country lmao.

Just out of curiousity, is this public land(wma, etc) or is it private property and people just not care if you ride on it? Seems like an awesome place.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just out of curiousity, is this public land(wma, etc) or is it private property and people just not care if you ride on it? Seems like an awesome place.

We don't really know. Some of it is a county road that runs along the creek.

It's not an organized place to ride with parking, camper slips, etc. it's just a place where the locals ride and have for years.

Reactions: Delton
advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We don't really know. Some of it is a county road that runs along the creek.

It's not an organized place to ride with parking, camper slips, etc. it's just a place where the locals ride and have for years.
There are some wma signs on the AL side of it. I know some of the iron Gap side is private land cause they do logging there. Lots of no trespassing signs along the way too but you're fine as long as you stay on main trail.

Reactions: joeymt33
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got to sneak off for a quick ride this morning. Went and explored some new trails discovered last time. Turns out there's quite a bit more to discover. @joeymt33 soon as we can both be off work at same time, we got some new ground to cover. It's got everything we love...mud, steep grades, and large rock sections. Just when I thought we had covered it all lol. There looks to be several miles of it too.
IMG 20160622 092403954 800x450

IMG 20160622 092414703 800x450

IMG 20160622 093928307 800x450

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was bouncing over some big rocks and corner of windshield caught a tree limb. No way I was gonna get out of it lol. It caught this wire and pulled it out. Only damage I sustained so no biggie.
FB IMG 1466616025558 800x450

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Was bouncing over some big rocks and corner of windshield caught a tree limb. No way I was gonna get out of it lol. It caught this wire and pulled it out. Only damage I sustained so no biggie.
View attachment 17234

Thanks for sharing Delton. Your rig looks so tough with everything set up now. Personally I love trails like that and can't wait to get my P1000-5 and build it up so I can get over stuff like that without getting hung up too much. I had my p500 out last weekend and got up some pretty big stuff, but with lower clearance and without a front locking diff, I had to beat it up pretty good just to get through it. Looks like yours goes pretty well.

Reactions: joeymt33 and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for sharing Delton. Your rig looks so tough with everything set up now. Personally I love trails like that and can't wait to get my P1000-5 and build it up so I can get over stuff like that without getting hung up too much. I had my p500 out last weekend and got up some pretty big stuff, but with lower clearance and without a front locking diff, I had to beat it up pretty good just to get through it. Looks like yours goes pretty well.
Thanks I appreciate that. That's my favorite kinda trails also. You never know what's gonna be around the next corner lol. These things climb so well over huge rocks I think they're part goat lol. Joey and I were talking about that a while back. We think the extra weight helps them stick to the rock. I'd love to have a P500 but I'm sure wife would leave me lol.
Wire that got caught was to my lightbar. Pulled it right out of the unit itself. Little solder and some new wires and it's good as new. It's gonna be at least 2 weeks before I can get her out again due to work. I'm in shop now sulking cause I'm missing it already. If I could just find a babysitter for the grandbaby lol.

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks I appreciate that. That's my favorite kinda trails also. You never know what's gonna be around the next corner lol. These things climb so well over huge rocks I think they're part goat lol. Joey and I were talking about that a while back. We think the extra weight helps them stick to the rock. I'd love to have a P500 but I'm sure wife would leave me lol.
Wire that got caught was to my lightbar. Pulled it right out of the unit itself. Little solder and some new wires and it's good as new. It's gonna be at least 2 weeks before I can get her out again due to work. I'm in shop now sulking cause I'm missing it already. If I could just find a babysitter for the grandbaby lol.
I've got a rock for you to climb...
Honda Roll at AMA
Honda Roll at AMA Johnboy

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!