P1000 Cleaning spark arrestor

H

HondaTech

Was just going to do this little job today.. i have 1600 miles on my '21 P1K-3. Looks like the 10mm bolts are on good, probably rust welded on. I sprayed with a rust buster spray and now just letting it work, hopefully. So if the spray don't work then any suggestions?

Leave them alone, its a waste of time

Just and opinion from someone who never cleans any of them, it's not worth the hassle of dealing with bolts breaking.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Explosives! Use good explosives, there's few problems in life than can't be resolved with the judicious application of the proper explosives!

When I was a cop in Oakland CA, working what's called CSI nowadays, they sent me to FBI Bomb School (kinda like sending a pedophile to work in kindergarten). This was back when we respected the FBI.

CostaRicaTalon

CostaRicaTalon

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2023
Costa Rica
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks for all the info on pulling the spark arrestor. I’m going to try and pull mine for A. A cleaning check, and B. I want to point my arrestor out to the rear instead of straight down at the ground.
Lots of dusty dirt roads here and the exhaust blowing down just creates dust.

Reactions: ChadD and Vikes79

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!