P700 Custom Front Rack

insanetreefrog

insanetreefrog

Nov 19, 2020
Lowell, AR
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi folks, I figured I'd make a post on my front rack. The rack itself is a Kolpin hitch receiver rack, and the mounts are a combination of mounting brackets, lighting truss clamps, and a custom front mount.

Background: I wanted a front rack that would hold stuff in it and would also be able to easily detach. I don't need the rack when riding around with my wife and kids, so something that's easily detachable was a requirement. I also wanted a LED light bar up front, so that would incorporated somehow. I didn't want it to fully obstruct my view either.

The build: I found the lighting truss brackets online. They unscrew pretty easily with wing nuts, so that solves the detach part. Two attach to the ROPS near the dash, and two more attach to the front bumper. I designed a front mount with a 3D modeler software (SketchUp, if anyone is interested), and had a friend cut out the design with his CNC plasma cutter. It's made of a 1/8" steel plate, I incorporated a hole for the LED light I wanted, and mounted a 12" Rough Country LED light bar. I had some room leftover, so I cut out a Bigfoot too :). It's gotta be fun, right?
To make the Bigfoot stand out, I put another steel plate behind it. I had the mount powder coated black, and the backing plate a blaze orange. It really pops; the pics don't do it justice.

The result: I think I have a fun, unique, and extremely useful front rack! It's great to hold my chainsaw, some extra gas, or whatever I want. It doesn't really obstruct my view, unless you're looking at something 2 feet in front of the 700. My guess is that it weighs about 70 lbs, maybe a bit more, but it's manageable enough to remove and attach with one person.

Bottom line: I'm not an artistic guy, but I do have the confidence to push my limit a little bit and create something that's not only a ton of fun to build, but I learned a lot along the way. I hope this gives the next guy or gal the confidence to do the same.

PXL 20230322 224721539 PXL 20230325 151938431 PXL 20230404 231019517 PXL 20230404 231033322

insanetreefrog

insanetreefrog

Nov 19, 2020
Lowell, AR
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks Good. Any problems with over heating ??
Not that I can tell. There's a good gap between the plate and the intake there, so I would think air will flow around the plate just fine

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!