P700m4 Dash Plate Replacement Question

JaLerz

JaLerz

Dec 1, 2018
NorCal
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello,

Bought my Phantom Camo 2017 700-4 (named her "Pino" after my late Yamaha Rhino) about a week ago and I am loving it so far. This is my first post so I hope I am following all your rules. Seems to be a great forum so far.

I did search through the forum and Google and I was unable to find my answer.

I found a 6 rocker switch Dash Plate for sale on Ebay for about 23 bucks, made by "PBR". My question is: the guy says its for a Pioneer 1000. Are the dash sizes the same?

Thank you!

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
No sizes are different.a fellow on here has what you need.
His handle is Mystic
Welcome to forum

JaLerz

JaLerz

Dec 1, 2018
NorCal
Ownership

1. 700-4
No sizes are different.a fellow on here has what you need.
His handle is Mystic
Welcome to forum
Thank you!

Almost just ordered it anyways! Should I PM @mystic1219? is this his handle?

Reactions: Mudwing
JaLerz

JaLerz

Dec 1, 2018
NorCal
Ownership

1. 700-4
This is what my plan for the panel was: All rocker switches/ winch in and out, front light bar, rear light pods, usb charging, reverse override.

Sound like a good plan?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This is what my plan for the panel was: All rocker switches/ winch in and out, front light bar, rear light pods, usb charging, reverse override.

Sound like a good plan?
@mystic1219 has numerous options for the 700. Plus a great guy to deal with!
PS he does these on the side, so may take a couple days to reply to you.

JaLerz

JaLerz

Dec 1, 2018
NorCal
Ownership

1. 700-4
@mystic1219 has numerous options for the 700. Plus a great guy to deal with!
PS he does these on the side, so may take a couple days to reply to you.

Yeah that's not biggy. Is this something I can drill out the rivets and flip over and then cut my own holes for the swtiches??

Tim-1000 XT-R

Tim-1000 XT-R

Nov 2, 2018
Oakdale, MN
Yeah that's not biggy. Is this something I can drill out the rivets and flip over and then cut my own holes for the swtiches??

You can drill out the rivets but the plate is thin and has adhesive on the back. I bent it all up taking it off. I used an old street sign to make one. Then painted it with textured Rustoleum paint.

JaLerz

JaLerz

Dec 1, 2018
NorCal
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok. Thanks for the advice. I might try and make one myself. Maybe I'll just buy a small section of diamond plate and just cut out the rocker switches with a dremel.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok. Thanks for the advice. I might try and make one myself. Maybe I'll just buy a small section of diamond plate and just cut out the rocker switches with a dremel.
Not knocking mystics stuff...but PBR makes some nice stuff too. I called them and gave them my dimensions and how many switches i wanted and they had a plate made and shipped to me in 3 days.
Honda Pioneer

Reactions: Tramguage1
JaLerz

JaLerz

Dec 1, 2018
NorCal
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just went on PBR website and they had a dash plate with 6 spaces for rocker switches. It cost me $22 shipped to my door in California. I will let you know how it is when it arrives.

I was going to make one myself, but I don't think I can make it for cheaper than that

JaLerz

JaLerz

Dec 1, 2018
NorCal
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wow, the PBR guy shipped my Dash plate in 33 minutes...pretty good service so far.

Reactions: Backwoods
JaLerz

JaLerz

Dec 1, 2018
NorCal
Ownership

1. 700-4
My dash from PBR is in the mail today and I want to get a head start on the installation. Does this plate cover the factory one or replace it? Am I supposed to drill out the rivets?

@GlockMeister , I know you bought one of these. Any tips would be appreciated.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dash from PBR is in the mail today and I want to get a head start on the installation. Does this plate cover the factory one or replace it? Am I supposed to drill out the rivets?

Drill the rivets out using a 1/8" drill bit. Right down the center of it. Knock em out, peel off label off dash.

Place you panel on dash, mark where you need to cut for switches/radio etc.

JaLerz

JaLerz

Dec 1, 2018
NorCal
Ownership

1. 700-4
Drill the rivets out using a 1/8" drill bit. Right down the center of it. Knock em out, peel off label off dash.

Money! Thanks man!

I love this damn forum.

I have so many mod/wiring questions already.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ask all the questions you would like. Maybe draw a crude wiring diagram so are all on the same page.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Just like Neo said..drill em out or use a sharp chisel an cut the tops off...then cut out for the plate. I used a dremel with a cutoff wheel for the dash..a sharp razor knife works too.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Place the plate on dash, trace all holes with a sharpie.

Remove plate, now draw another bigger box an 1/8" of an inch larger than the switches. Should give you all the room you need to install plate with switches.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Heat gun helps with label removal.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!